New Manager Speculation

maqroll

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, either that or it comes from what i've discerned from watching and listening to how he conducts himself as I said in the initial post?

:wacko:

buster keaton fishing GIF by Maudit

Got ya!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

There are a lot of players here underperforming despite  Bruce’s so called man management skills  .

if the new manager can get the best from the players in this squad then the gap is far from insurmountable , we need someone who can motivate them and get this squad firing .

I think Bruce's mistake was bringing in players outside of our league, we needed players who have experience of playing in the efl, players who know how the teams play.

I think we need someone who has experience in this arena and not a manager who is going to go shopping abroad for players who are not proven in the championship, it's a tough league as it is.

I've said it before I dont want henry, not because i dont like him, not because hes french but because he has no experience. Then again where has experience got us bruce had tons of it and couldnt do the job so its abit screwed the situation is isn't it??

If we was to have a manager I would of rather had Terry but that ship has sailed hasn't it as Terry is taking up a position at Chelsea rite??

Even dwight Yorke has thrown his name in the hat, I would much rather go with dwight Yorke than henry, dwight has the love of fans, his career pretty much started with us till he left for man Utd. I dare say dwight could most likely do as good a job than Henry, but dwight has concerns that come with him I think, just keep that ex of his away from villa, can not stand that Katie price lol.

I think so far out of them all, maybe Brandon Rodgers I think could bring the promotion we need. Media is reporting that Rodgers would give up Celtic and he has stated he has taken them as far as he can take them. Then says he would prefer a premier club but aston villa are a huge club so could maybe sway him.

Whoever it is needs to be prepared for a tough challenge, to bring in some good attacking, fast paced football. Need someone who can get our players work rates back up, get the best out of them and not risk the defence. It certainly is a tough job and I don't envy the person taking the role as villa manager on, just good luck to him and hope he gets the club to where we should be.

So many names coming out for the job, don't know which ones are or are not real, think the media is just throwing every Tom dick n Harry into the pool. Seems like real reporting is at an all time low and nobody goes and questions people anymore, this media rubbish just has someone changing a couple of sentences and rearranging words to make it look like there is new information, not good really.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m actually dreading whoever it’s going to be.

I mean if we could have anyone bar guardiola is there any manager who we would all be happy with? 

Oh please not Guardiola.

Overrated and nowhere near good enough for Villa.  ;)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That could work providing our DoF suggets and clears everything - all based on the managers say so.

This is why I think someone like Wenger would suit that role superbly (If Henry was manager). - What we don't need is players being signed that the manager doesn't want/need. Afterall, we've been there already.

You’re right, we all need to be singing off the same hymn sheet for it to work, no matter who the DOF and manager are. It’s importamt that these discussions are had now and not a few months down the line in the middle of the January transfer window. 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on what i've seen from Henry he does not come across as your average "thick" footballer.

Seems quite refined and football intelligent!

That's what makes me doubt that he will be willing to take our job. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, either that or it comes from what i've discerned from watching and listening to how he conducts himself as I said in the initial post?

:wacko:

If we all get one of those shiny airships I’m in.

If it is Henry then although we are close to play offs he surely has to be afforded patience. I mean he’s got to get players like Alan Hutton to do things that don’t come naturally. Others could thrive though. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If it is Henry then although we are close to play offs he surely has to be afforded patience. I mean he’s got to get players like Alan Hutton to do things that don’t come naturally. Others could thrive though. 

Yes it'd be a shock to a lot of our Frankensquad, but I'm guessing Hourihane, Grealish, McGinn, Lansbury, Hogan, Bolasie, Kodija, Abraham, Bree and the more ball playing u23s will look like new players. Hutton has shone as one of our most creative/constructive players just because he's done a lot of direct running from full back and given it a go. We won't lose stuff like that, but we'll gain from the players having an idea as to what the other players will be doing, better movement and passing and defined patterns of play to get us to the last third in a controlled way, then forwards with freedom to do their thing from there. 

That's what that video of him analysiing Barcelona promised anyway, so it must be right. :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Hutton has shone as one of our most creative/constructive players just because he's done a lot of direct running from full back and given it a go.

The more I think about it the more overwhelmingly glad I am that Bruce has gone!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

The more I think about it the more overwhelmingly glad I am that Bruce has gone!

I woke with that very same feeling. That is absolutely not a dig at Alan Hutton, who has been one of the only players to give of his best throughout all of these difficult times. His commitment on and off the pitch has been an absolute credit to him as a true professional. And his occasional moments of magic earns him his Scottish Cafu title. Thanks Al. 

• Like 2

More i think about Rogers as manger less I think i want him. Didnt really do it when it mattered at Liverplop and lets be honest Celtic is not the most challenging job, done well domestically but hasnt done much in Europe... also if he has said he would prefer a prem team then **** him, dont want him if he’d rather be elsewhere and we are his second choice. Comes across as very sulky as well to me, had enoigh of that with Bruce... strikes me he perhaps thinks he is better than his record shows.

• Like 3