New Manager Speculation

maqroll

I just want some intelligent, world class long term direction with an emphasis on developing an attractive playing philosophy - with a strong mentality and leadership to back it up with.

Also, please start utilising our own youth players more often and more effectively. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Absolutely loving the idea of Henry with Terry as number two. The level of knowledge they will be able to pass on will be phenomenal for our players. They will be able to see the wheat from the chaff too and I'm sure they will be a success.

One of the best defenders the PL has ever seen together with arguably the greatest forward in PL history - what's not to like about that prospect? 

Come on Mr Owners - make this happen! :flag:

Patrick Vieira has been mentioned in one newspaper today. Midfield coach for a full set? ?

35 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

As i said above every manager and assistant is a gamble in world football.

This is so true. 

Some are more likely to work but certainly not guaranteed.  Anyone regardless of previous success could fail. 

Sometimes things just click and it works.  We are well overdue a click to be fair. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

Exactly what I eluded to Tro in a previous post/another topic. Should be backup after backup after backup plans for all the players. Injuries/suspensions/being sold. Even now we should be looking for who will replace Jack as an example. 

If this next appointment doesn't work we'll be down in this league for many more years I fear. On the other side we get the right guy and I feel we can be up the top of this league with the players we have right now. Plus some CB's!.

I am usually in favour of evolution not revolution.

but in our case.....its revolution for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Watch how we then go and appoint fat Sam.:(

This (and any of the other members of the old British managers club) gives me nightmares.

Each time I convince myself that our owners and Purslow are brighter than that, I remember that Purslow replaced Benitez with Hodgson at Liverpool .... gulp!

In a worst case scenario Henry+Terry is still going to be a spectacular experiment, bound to put the Villa on the map for better or for worse. Right now the club is up to the hilt in dourness, so I for one would see "spectacular" as a very welcome change.

However, I must say that I'm rather optimistic. Both Henry and Terry are obvious winners, and more important than their wast practical footballing knowledge is their ability to instill a sense of purpose and a winning mentality to the players.

(I'd still rather have Rodgers, though)

• Like 3

Nothing to lose really. Let's try something new. We always say football has moved on so let's move on our selves. 2 amazing players who have played in so many high pressure games in the past so will have no problem managing our expectations I'm sure. 

Get it done Villa. Let's have some excitement! 

• Like 4

If The Two Terry dream team is going to work, then their individual roles need to be established right from the start. Nothing good is ever done by committee. As long as JT is happy to be number 2 and the players know, without any shadow of a doubt that Thierry is the boss, then it could be great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

So we are getting a very inexperienced manager and having  the assistant with zero managerial experience? Only at the Villa.

We have just got rid of a manager and his assistants, all of whom had loads of `experience'.

They were shit, and put us in the hole we are now trying to climb out of.

It would seem, from our experience, that experience is not the be all and end all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't give a shit about the risks anymore. It's been 8 years of utter shite so let's just have some fun.

The worst case is we get our best defender back and the best case is we've found the dream team and they start something special.

We were going nowhere and playing shit football under Bruce, why is anyone against it!?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair I believe this is all just posturing in the media to make it seem as if there was ever a chance they were not going to hire him, and/or keep Bruce.

No coincidence all the rumors came quite some time ago lol.

Henry, Edens and Sawiris are probably in an upscale lounge sipping fine Champagne, smoking Shisha and pissing themselves laughing at the news reports.

Obviously I have the same apprehensions as others have had, but when was the last time we had an exciting unknown factor here?

Based on what i've seen from Henry he does not come across as your average "thick" footballer.

Seems quite refined and football intelligent!

We have had the stereotype sensible signings and they don't always work to our cost......lets go for an intrepid one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Exactly where my head's at.

The nagging doubt will always be inexperience, but then experience doesn't make past success transferrable. Look at Bruce's record.

Other names that people have referenced in terms of experience or could do a job at VP are Wagner, Warnock, Jokanovic and Benitez.

There's your PL bottom 4 right now...

Sometimes a new dawn.......needs new thinking.

fortune really does favour the brave.

• Like 1