New Manager Speculation

maqroll

I'm hoping we go with Henry. For me it's one simple reason. He's a player who has played at the highest level when football was at its best, this alone means when he walks into the dressing room players will know they can't bullshit him and also may aspire to be like him...

We've taken safe options for far too long. Gamble with this one..  We've got players who if coached right can produce...

• Like 2

Henry is being appointed for all the wrong reasons...he is an arsenal legend and our owner is an Arsenal fan.

when you stray away from appointing the best person for the job it rarley ends well.

Dreading the onslaught from the London based press if we start jeering Henry.

Bit dissapointed in the new owners as well tbh. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I've said it before I dont want henry, not because i dont like him, not because hes french but because he has no experience. Then again where has experience got us bruce had tons of it and couldnt do the job so its abit screwed the situation is isn't it??

If we was to have a manager I would of rather had Terry but that ship has sailed hasn't it as Terry is taking up a position at Chelsea rite??

Even dwight Yorke has thrown his name in the hat, I would much rather go with dwight Yorke than henry, dwight has the love of fans, his career pretty much started with us till he left for man Utd. I dare say dwight could most likely do as good a job than Henry, but dwight has concerns that come with him I think, just keep that ex of his away from villa, can not stand that Katie price lol.

I think so far out of them all, maybe Brandon Rodgers I think could bring the promotion we need. Media is reporting that Rodgers would give up Celtic and he has stated he has taken them as far as he can take them. Then says he would prefer a premier club but aston villa are a huge club so could maybe sway him.

Whoever it is needs to be prepared for a tough challenge, to bring in some good attacking, fast paced football. Need someone who can get our players work rates back up, get the best out of them and not risk the defence. It certainly is a tough job and I don't envy the person taking the role as villa manager on, just good luck to him and hope he gets the club to where we should be.

So many names coming out for the job, don't know which ones are or are not real, think the media is just throwing every Tom dick n Harry into the pool. Seems like real reporting is at an all time low and nobody goes and questions people anymore, this media rubbish just has someone changing a couple of sentences and rearranging words to make it look like there is new information, not good really.

Yorke is a complete arse, and universally disliked.

His aspirations concerning the manager's job at Aston Villa, are looked upon, I would say with a mixture of incredulity and hilarity.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Hasn't it been acknowledged that he was suffering with depression?

Yes, and he was very poorly treated by John Gregory - something which Gregory came to recognise many years later.

2 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

I'm hoping we go with Henry. For me it's one simple reason. He's a player who has played at the highest level when football was at its best, this alone means when he walks into the dressing room players will know they can't bullshit him and also may aspire to be like him...

We've taken safe options for far too long. Gamble with this one..  We've got players who if coached right can produce...

initailly yes...hes been there done it etc...a few ropey results and decisions and he will be "great player....but not a manager"

1 minute ago, hippo said:

initailly yes...hes been there done it etc...a few ropey results and decisions and he will be "great player....but not a manager"

I kind of see where you are coming from. I sometimes think if Guardiola or Zidane first job was a big club with poor players and limited resources how successful they would have been? Or imagine if Henry took over one best Real Madrid or Barcelona teams around how will he would have done. 

There’s a manager for different circumstances. This job may be too difficult for someone with no experience to have as his first crack at management. There is not that much margin for error and time to learn from mistakes.

Henry is better off joining a club where the expectations match the resources and there is not as much pressure.

I haven't seen a single comment from Rodgers to back up the Star's story. "It's believed that he feels" is probably as specific as they get.

Henry is an exciting visceral possibility, but worries me when I look at the high calibre players he's used to working with. Can he tactically support a group of lesser players in an unbalanced squad and get his message across effectively? He may be very good at combatting teams at a higher level, but how would he deal with the Millwalls of this world?

I think that our next manager should be appointed because he is the best fit for the players we currently have rather than his name or status, as FFP will ensure that our next manager will stand or fall with this group of players. That's why I would be trying to persuade Smith or Wilder to jump ship if I were Purslow.

When Henry's name was mooted in the summer I thought it was a joke.

But I am beginning to like the idea.

He could be the young, first time manager who grows with the club, that I have dreamed of. His is probably the most exciting name in the frame, and I think he would have an amazing impact on our players.

• Like 2

If there is any truth in the JT and TH combo, they get on and feel they can work together and we put a solid structure around them then lets go for it... brave new world at villa. Might all go t*ts up but cant get much worse than how we are at present can it?

Edited by honest_bertie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

When Henry's name was mooted in the summer I thought it was a joke.

But I am beginning to like the idea.

He could be the young, first time manager who grows with the club, that I have dreamed of. His is probably the most exciting name in the frame, and I think he would have an amazing impact on our players.

Especially Nylan !!!

We need someone to drill and fix our defence - instead we are getting the owners mate.

Just now, honest_bertie said:

If JT and TH get on and feel they can work together and we istill a solid structure around them then lets go for it, brave new world at villa. Might all go t*ts up but cant get much worse than how we are at present can it?

I would be hopeful that JT would get the gig if Henry starts to flounder.  Be surprised if its that combo myself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I would be hopeful that JT would get the gig if Henry starts to flounder.  Be surprised if its that combo myself.

Or how about an american football type setup, JT on defense, TH on forwards and ian Taylor on midfield duties? 

Sorry, getting silly now