New Manager Speculation

maqroll

It seemed they lost their respect for Bruce. I can see most of the team including Kodja, Bolasie and especially Grealish and Tammy having the upmost respect for Henry and looking up to him. Fancy having on your CV you have honed your skills by being managed by Thierry Henry.

I myself can't wait to go to a game with Henry in the dugout. I'll be in the posh trinity for that one.

We are going to need a couple more players in January for Henry's system to work (if he copies Pep). Be fun watching it come together, though am sure there'd be a few howlers along the way!

And if Pitarch comes in as technical director we will be going full Spanish - which is nice.

Edited by Jareth

I remember Henry being applauded by the Holte for scoring a great goal AGAINST us. Never seen that before or since. I think it ended in a 2-2 draw, in which Emmanuel Petit got absolutely schooled by Ian Taylor. 

29 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I read earlier in the thread (and apologies to whoever mentioned it, I can't remember) about Henry's analysis of Barcelona and how insightful it was.  I wasn't sure if it had been posted in here, but I couldn't find it.

Look at this though.

Now imagine Grealish, Bolasie, Kodjia, El Ghazi, Adomah, Abraham.  Think of what Hourihane, McGinn, Grealish (again) could do in the middle.  Even Bjarnason and Lansbury - who can pick a pass, but under Bruce rarely had someone in space to aim for.

Apologies that it appears to have been recorded on a potato.

It was me that mentioned it :)

• Thanks 1

That clip of Henry now irritates me more than the supposed fact about Dean Smith's inability to get out of bed without the machine behind him!

He has zero knowledge of even seeing how this one plan will work out in reality. It's easy talking a game but management is no where near this easy!

He may be the best thing since sliced bread but the fact is it's a complete shot in the dark! 

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

That clip of Henry now irritates me more than the supposed fact about Dean Smith's inability to get out of bed without the machine behind him!

He has zero knowledge of even seeing how this one plan will work out in reality. It's easy talking a game but management is no where near this easy!

He may be the best thing since sliced bread but the fact is it's a complete shot in the dark! 

But he was there every day in training, so he probably has more than zero knowledge to be fair to him. He's also been working as a coach for a while, so therefore will have been involved in the process of working out a system 'in reality'.

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We are going to need a couple more players in January for Henry's system to work (if he copies Pep). Be fun watching it come together, though am sure there'd be a few howlers along the way!

And if Pitarch comes in as technical director we will be going full Spanish - which is nice.

Never go full Spanish! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

You're not wrong. I'm taking comfort from the general direction it appears the owners want to take, I get the feeling they won't rip it all up and change direction if their manager fails, so I think we'll get where we want to go ultimately.

10 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

But he was there every day in training, so he probably has more than zero knowledge to be fair to him. He's also been working as a coach for a while, so therefore will have been involved in the process of working out a system 'in reality'.

No, he has zero knowledge!

Watching someone else do it is just that. 

Every footballer who has played the game is in the same boat, with same ideologies and similar game plans, but there is a reason why most don't make it.

Some people are just not cut out for it.....Quite frankly even he doesnt know yet!

Edited by Nigel

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I agree. It's one thing understanding, communicating or being coached a process, it's another to communicate it to players and get them carrying out your instructions. Henry could be the next great manager, but if reports are right and Rodgers may be interested in the job, there's only one choice.

The owners decision will tell me a lot and where the club may be heading.

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

No, he has zero knowledge!

Watching someone else do it is just that. 

Every footballer who has played the game is in the same boat, but there is a reason why most don't make it.

The people are just not cut out for it.

Quite frankly even he doesnt know yet.

You missed the second bit where I mentioned how he is currently an actual coach implementing ideas, which means he obviously does have more than zero knowledge.

I'd also maintain my point that being there day in day out gives him more than zero knowledge too—sure he wasn't there for the coaching meetings about implementing things, but he certainly was exposed to the conclusions of those meetings, giving him at least some knowledge, not zero.

You're also presuming that he has never talked to an experienced manager about how they went about implementing things (including Martinez, his boss for the national team where he is a coach, implementing things).

Perhaps what you're saying is hyperbole. I don't doubt there's a massive difference in knowledge between being a player and on the coaching side/managing side, but it is clear that he has more than zero knowledge. A little kid has zero knowledge. Henry definitely has more!

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Off topic but Collymore really winds me up with his so called passionate tweets about his beloved Villa. He was an absolute disgrace with how he behaved when signed for us. One of the biggest let downs in my days as a villa fan. 

COLLYMORE OUT!!

Hasn't it been acknowledged that he was suffering with depression?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

You missed the second bit where I mentioned how he is currently an actual coach implementing ideas, which means he obviously does have more than zero knowledge.

I'd also maintain my point that being there day in day out gives him more than zero knowledge too—sure he wasn't there for the coaching meetings about implementing things, but he certainly was exposed to the conclusions of those meetings, giving him at least some knowledge, not zero.

You're also presuming that he has never talked to an experienced manager about how they went about implementing things (including Martinez, his boss for the national team where he is a coach, implementing things).

Perhaps what you're saying is hyperbole. I don't doubt there's a massive difference in knowledge between being a player and on the coaching side/managing side, but it is clear that he has more than zero knowledge. A little kid has zero knowledge. Henry definitely has more!

I didn't miss anything, I know what you are saying it's just I don't agree.

He could sit through all the coaching sessions on the world and run drills to the cows come home, but he has zero knowledge of seeing how his own ideas will be taken and used!

He has no more knowledge than most coaches but there is a reason why most don't make the step up; Coaching and managing are different jobs.

If this were 99% of any other similar positioned men going for the job he wouldt be considered. 

It's the name he's trading off!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

You missed my point.

He could sit through all the coaching sessions on the world and run drills to the cows come home, but he has zero knowledge of seeing how his own ideas will be taken and used!

He has no more knowledge than most coaches but there is a reason why most don't make the step up.

Coaching and managing are different jobs.

If this were 99% of any other similar positioned man going for the job he would  be considered. 

It's the name he's trading off!

He may be considered though, on the basis of his Uefa A License and role coaching for Belgium. People make the step up somewhere. Gary Monk at Swansea was a bigger risk when they took him straight out of playing. 

I think there's a difference here worth mentioning. For me, knowledge is gained from seeing someone else do it, learning from others....like in a classroom but on grass. Henry certainly has knowledge in that respect. No doubt about that. 

Experience ? Different word, a different matter altogether. He certainly lacks that (managing/coaching by himself in the main). Whether our custodians will let him loose, gaining experience.....well, that's up to them. 

FWIW,  I think our season is in danger of having any significant meaning unless we act swiftly and brutally.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Hasn't it been acknowledged that he was suffering with depression?

It has. Im sick of reading how he let us down. It was a horrible situation and disappointing for all concerned. Let it go now.

He's a very vocal and passionate high profile Villa fan and I find myself agreeing with him almost all the time.

We need more like him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think Bruce's mistake was bringing in players outside of our league, we needed players who have experience of playing in the efl, players who know how the teams play.

I think we need someone who has experience in this arena and not a manager who is going to go shopping abroad for players who are not proven in the championship, it's a tough league as it is.

Worked ok for Wolves?