New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

More i think about Rogers as manger less I think i want him. Didnt really do it when it mattered at Liverplop and lets be honest Celtic is not the most challenging job, done well domestically but hasnt done much in Europe... also if he has said he would prefer a prem team then **** him, dont want him if he’d rather be elsewhere and we are his second choice. Comes across as very sulky as well to me, had enoigh of that with Bruce... strikes me he perhaps thinks he is better than his record shows.

Part of me thinks this too, Rodgers from 5 years ago would be a no brainer, but does he have the enthusiasm any more? Or would his ego trip him up? Henry lacks in proven ability but he will give it everything. Either will do though!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

More i think about Rogers as manger less I think i want him. Didnt really do it when it mattered at Liverplop and lets be honest Celtic is not the most challenging job, done well domestically but hasnt done much in Europe... also if he has said he would prefer a prem team then **** him, dont want him if he’d rather be elsewhere and we are his second choice. Comes across as very sulky as well to me, had enoigh of that with Bruce... strikes me he perhaps thinks he is better than his record shows.

Yes I get that feeling, and alough let's be fair he has done well at Celtic to an extent and they could kick on if they strengthened.

But with apparant upheaval behind doors that he wasn't backed during the summer despite Celtic having plenty of cash to do so is why he wants a move.

He is not doing well this season and it makes you wonder does he not care now or is it a message to the board.

Either way I would still rather we have Henry as our next manager.

• Like 1

Just now, dubbs said:

Keep reading we want a big name who'll attract media attention and higher profile sponsors.  Which of the names linked so far fall into that category?

Alan Curbishley.

TrollFace.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I believe Henry will have that.

From what I have read regarding bits about  the Belgium national team is that Henry has quite a bit of nouse about him and is highly regarded.

If he can do for us what Stevie G is doing at Rangers then I'm all for his appointment.

Stevie G ain't doing much at Rangers. Rangers is doing what it's doing at Rangers.

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My sources understand that Henry will be appointed before the next league game. 

Although there’s a chance he may still turn us down which may delay things and we’ll appoint someone else instead. 

#StevoITK

As I have previously said, from information given to me from my mate’s workmate’s mate, look to the continent #itkinnit. 

I know it is still early in the season, but Gerrard and Rangers currently sit 7th in the SPL. Depending on your perspective of course, that isn’t anything to get overly excited about.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Although there’s a chance he may still turn us down which may delay things and we’ll appoint someone else instead. 

#StevoITK

Hearing this also.

Being told to expect an appointment IN THE NEAR FUTURE as both club and new man are keen to conclude talks and get to work. More to follow.

• Haha 1

I think the players would really be happy with Henry bring appointed as their manager. Imagine having such a legend as your manager! I think he would be perfect for us and make people realise what a big club we are. 

• Like 1

I literally have no reason for this thought however..

The Henry appointment excites me, I think he will be a breath of fresh air, I think the players will respect him, I think he won’t be a push over, I think he will demand the best and highest standards at all times, I think he will be tactically exactly what we are after, I think he will take us to promotion, I think he could be the most exciting appointment we have made in over 25 years. 

• Like 3

I read earlier in the thread (and apologies to whoever mentioned it, I can't remember) about Henry's analysis of Barcelona and how insightful it was.  I wasn't sure if it had been posted in here, but I couldn't find it.

Look at this though.

Now imagine Grealish, Bolasie, Kodjia, El Ghazi, Adomah, Abraham.  Think of what Hourihane, McGinn, Grealish (again) could do in the middle.  Even Bjarnason and Lansbury - who can pick a pass, but under Bruce rarely had someone in space to aim for.

Apologies that it appears to have been recorded on a potato.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

#StevoITK

We need a Stevo astrology thread.

The thing that excites me about Henry (based on nothing btw) is my belief how he will work individually with players to improve them... imagine what he could teach Davis, RHM Kodjia and Abraham ( think hogans a lost cause ) and also Grealish as well as improve our our overall team shape.... I’d fully expect a top defensive coach like Steve Bould to be appointed to look after the defence... whoever we appoint I expect to see a pretty quick upshot in performance at least, as our squad is technically better than what they have shown under Bruce IMO. 

Appointing Henry as manager may have a massive positive impact on Jack's game too if he can improve his technical side. I'd say a lot of our midfielders and forwards can learn a lot from him. 

Whoever comes in though will have their work cut out with our defence. 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The thing that excites me about Henry (based on nothing btw) is my belief how he will work individually with players to improve them... imagine what he could teach Davis, RHM Kodjia and Abraham ( think hogans a lost cause ) and also Grealish as well as improve our our overall team shape.... I’d fully expect a top defensive coach like Steve Bould to be appointed to look after the defence... whoever we appoint I expect to see a pretty quick upshot in performance at least, as our squad is technically better than what they have shown under Bruce IMO. 

After watching his tactics analysis I actually think he could bring Hogan back to his previous goal scoring levels easily, Hogan is good at making runs, something we have never ever used him for, imagine how lethal he could be again if getting played in behind the back line, IMO he is still a level above Davis and RHM. 

• Like 2