New Manager Speculation

maqroll

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would sooner Rodgers over Henry any day. But will also be excited by the latter. I think he could bring a lot of quality players to the club.

Totally agree , either of those options would be good in my view , I’d probably favour Rodgers due to his experience but Henry has contacts that could be useful too , hopefully a decision will be swift and we can kick on , the gap is 3 points to 6th so it’s still very much achievable .

Edited by Eastie

49 minutes ago, John said:

"Henry believes the Villa job is his if he wants it? " I would want to be sure our choice wanted the job and would take it before we offered it to him. We don't want another Solskjaer situation where other candidates know they weren't our first choice.

To be fair I believe this is all just posturing in the media to make it seem as if there was ever a chance they were not going to hire him, and/or keep Bruce.

No coincidence all the rumors came quite some time ago lol.

Henry, Edens and Sawiris are probably in an upscale lounge sipping fine Champagne, smoking Shisha and pissing themselves laughing at the news reports.

Obviously I have the same apprehensions as others have had, but when was the last time we had an exciting unknown factor here?

Based on what i've seen from Henry he does not come across as your average "thick" footballer.

Seems quite refined and football intelligent!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would sooner Rodgers over Henry any day. But will also be excited by the latter. I think he could bring a lot of quality players to the club.

Bruce also brought in quality players to the club and look how that turned out.

The focus must be on a manager who knows what he is doing with a set pattern of play in mind.

6 minutes ago, striker said:

The focus must be on a manager who knows what he is doing with a set pattern of play in mind.

I believe Henry will have that.

From what I have read regarding bits about  the Belgium national team is that Henry has quite a bit of nouse about him and is highly regarded.

If he can do for us what Stevie G is doing at Rangers then I'm all for his appointment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, striker said:

There are a lot of players here underperforming despite  Bruce’s so called man management skills  .

if the new manager can get the best from the players in this squad then the gap is far from insurmountable , we need someone who can motivate them and get this squad firing .

Edited by Eastie
Currently At a beach party in Ibiza so spilling was bit off
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

There are a lot of players here underperforming despots Bruce’s so called man management skills  .

if the new manager can get the best from the players in this squad then the gap is far from insurmountable , we need someone who can motivate them and get this squad firing .

Bang on.

His man management motivational skills with the national team have also not gone unnoticed.

This squad needs a pick me up. Henry sounds like the perfect tonic.

• Like 1

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

I'd think that it is highly possible that Fonseca was the clear #1 target from the beginning but as it was pretty unrealistic NSWE started looking at all the other options. 

I think it's true that he actually was, considering he actual came out and commented on the situation and politely declined us.

Cheeky, but I admire our new boards' ambition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So the Daily Hail is going for Rodgers and the Star is going for Henry.

I expect to see Dean Smith as the manager then.

John Percy and The Telegraph says Henry.

I have ALOT more faith in them.

I think we should also take notice to the comments "I want full control over transfers".

Is he implying that Mendes has too much of a say for his liking?

Is there already something in place where we may have agreed to have loads of players thrown at us through Mendes connections?

Interesting...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think we should also take notice to the comments "I want full control over transfers".

Is he implying that Mendes has too much of a say for his liking?

Is there already something in place where we may have agreed to have loads of players thrown at us through Mendes connections?

Interesting...

I am coming in late today so apologies  can I ask what this comment was and who from?

edit nm found it on the previous page. Moxely. Cheers.

Anyway Henry is not my first choice for sure but if its him I would be happy to get behind him.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair I believe this is all just posturing in the media to make it seem as if there was ever a chance they were not going to hire him, and/or keep Bruce.

No coincidence all the rumors came quite some time ago lol.

Henry, Edens and Sawiris are probably in an upscale lounge sipping fine Champagne, smoking Shisha and pissing themselves laughing at the news reports.

Obviously I have the same apprehensions as others have had, but when was the last time we had an exciting unknown factor here?

Based on what i've seen from Henry he does not come across as your average "thick" footballer.

Seems quite refined and football intelligent!

Just a lazy stereotype based on him being French.

• Like 1