New Manager Speculation

maqroll

10 minutes ago, Wenin Rome said:

To the mods - Is it possible to capture all of the actual rumours and have them transferred to a standalone thread which then has no discussion, but only rumours from here. Perhaps use the #villarumour tag? Would make it way easier for the casual viewer or those in other time zones to catch up on the facts and not have to work through 20 - 30 pages of discussion :). 

All discussion carries on here as per usual. 

I think it would be good if we had two new manager threads but one has a poll. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It’s all about the money money money

I think I saw the other day that Pellegrini is on about £5-7million at West Ham—Fonseca didn't go there. It's far more than we were paying Bruce anyway. We can't be throwing the money around anyway considering we've just blown another £3million on Bruce's payout.

Theres one major factor about Fonseca coming and thats Jorge Mendes he may promise him the world and lead him on to other big jobs in England if he did well at Villa so dont think it’s as far fetched as we think

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

So he has turned down the Premier League to STAY at Shaktar but he isn't out of our league?

That makes him the very definition of out of our league.

He didn't turn down 'the premier league'....he turned down Everton and West Ham. 

• Like 3

This man is everything we need.

The formation he plays is the exact formation that would get the best out of our squad if implemented in the correct way, it would get the best out of the midfield in Grealish, Hourihane, McGinn and the best out of wingers in Bolasie, El Ghazi and Kodjia. Full backs would be a sticking point but I'm sure for one season it could be worked on.

Very interesting video, the depth of tactics he has implemented at Shaktar are something we have missed at Villa Park for years.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you’re definition out out of our league is a manager that wishes to stay at his current club. Then yes, his out of our league.

My definition of out of our league is basically, unattainable in any realistic sense.

He has turned down huge money from Premier League clubs to stay at Shaktar. 

We are in the Championship and also wouldn't be offering as much money as the club's he has already just turned down.

How is that NOT out of our league?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

My definition of out of our league is basically, unattainable in any realistic sense.

He has turned down huge money from Premier League clubs to stay at Shaktar. 

We are in the Championship and also wouldn't be offering as much money as the club's he has already just turned down.

How is that NOT out of our league?

Ok so financially he is out of our league. We can’t compete with Shakhtar for wages. So in that respect you’re right.

edit: he didn’t turn anyone down. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

23 minutes ago, midian said:

Theres one major factor about Fonseca coming and thats Jorge Mendes he may promise him the world and lead him on to other big jobs in England if he did well at Villa so dont think it’s as far fetched as we think

Spot on. Nuno was linked with Man Utd last week. There’s no way that link happens without his 18 months at Wolves.

10 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This man is everything we need.

The formation he plays is the exact formation that would get the best out of our squad if implemented in the correct way, it would get the best out of the midfield in Grealish, Hourihane, McGinn and the best out of wingers in Bolasie, El Ghazi and Kodjia. Full backs would be a sticking point but I'm sure for one season it could be worked on.

Very interesting video, the depth of tactics he has implemented at Shaktar are something we have missed at Villa Park for years.

Would need a completely new back four to play like that. Fast Centre half’s that can also bring the ball forward and retain possession would be crucial or we’d just constantly get hit on the break. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would need a completely new back four to play like that. Fast Centre half’s that can also bring the ball forward and retain possession would be crucial or we’d just constantly get hit on the break. 

From the video, most of his CF's have come from the junior ranks at the club. Perhaps he could do the same here with our youth....

... or not, seeing as their academy may have been training that way for years.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I think we could get Rodgers if he was given the sort of backing that we all hope the owners are prepared to provide. Leeds and Wolves have set the example of being able to attract a quality manager that could have gone to a PL club. No reason why we can't.

Agree, its all down to what the owners promise the new manager.  Given how rich they are, if they get to the premiership who knows what could happen.  The likes of Rodgers will know that.  Who wouldnt want to be an Alex Fergouson type figure at a club, have the chance to return them to the promised land and with money to do it as well. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Implement it with Chester and Tuanzebe, Bedeau and Bree acting as cover for them until January and then begin signing players that accomodate the formation and style we are looking at.

Unfortunately for any manager coming in we won't have the players to play in the way they want, this is a result of the past 3 seasons buying players with absolutely no plan in place of where to play them. We are top heavy with players, strikers, wingers, midfielders.

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Granted I've only watched them once this season but I'd still be pretty confident that almost every Shakthar player is better than every Villa player so he'd have to adjust his tactics regardless.

Doubt he'd be stupid enough to think he could just copy paste and be done with t.

In regards to the back 4 it need to be revamped no matter what: shipping out Taylor and whoever we can get rid of (not all at once) from the old guard like Jedi, Whelan, Richards, Elmo, Hutton, Bunn to free up money while bringing back Clark, RDL and worst case scenario Elphick from loan.

Until that can be done in January he or any manager will just have to make due.

Edited by sne

I agree with with shipping. I don't think hutton has been good this year. I still think it was crazy to offer him a new deal. We need new blood not much of the same bruce.

Left back is a problem as I don't rate hutton or Taylor 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fowlersrs said:

Any manager that walks in is gonna need time to assess the squad and then make moves in Jan. 

Fans are gonna have to be patient...

100% mate. The guy will need time without question