New Manager Speculation

maqroll

maybe rangers rise will unlock the door to get Brendan Rodgers. He's done all he can at Celtic, he can leave with his reputation intact. Loosing out on McGinn must have been a big wake up call to how players see where clubs are in the hierarchy of British football.

6 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

maybe rangers rise will unlock the door to get Brendan Rodgers. He's done all he can at Celtic, he can leave with his reputation intact. Loosing out on McGinn must have been a big wake up call to how players see where clubs are in the hierarchy of British football.

Brendan Rodgers would also be my choice.

Is he gettable though considering would he take a job in the Championship and could Villa afford the compensation payment to Celtic with FFP in mind? You would also have to factor in settlement with Bruce and his, eh, coaching team?

Personally I feel with a bit of financial wizardry and the deep pockets of Villa’s new owners Rodgers could be enticed to Villa Park but it would have to be soon before Bruce does any further damage to Villa’s promotion hopes.

• Like 1

no it isn't. big sam can **** off. utterly pointless appointment, I'd rather stumble along with Bruce in charge and wait for a proper appointment. Change is absolutely needed, but not for some corrupt anti footballing prat such as Samuel Allardyce

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I wouldn’t want Allardyce either, but he’s a much, much, much better manager than Steve Bruce and if given the choice right now I’d carry Big Sam to VP on my own (already injured) back. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

Celtic's next aim is the 10 in a row. H e's signed a contract to take him up until then and I think that Rodgers ego will keep him there for that.

Conversely, I think his ego is also big enough that he would think that he could turn us around and make us a serious PL team.

Edited by sparrow1988

Please not Allardyce or Moyes. We need to move with the times and look outside of this country for an up and coming manager who knows how to play entertaining football and has the tactical ability to change formations in-game depending on the situation. I don't want another one dimensional manager who will just try to shoehorn players in to the team to fit the way he wants to play, regardless of their strengths. A good example of this is Bruce's terrible plan to bring in Hogan but play as if he is a target man. Utter shite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbr600rr said:

big sam, its a simple as that

Not sure if serious!!! The next appointment needs give us a completely new direction regarding our identity, style and gameplan. Although SA is a fan of technology he still produces turgid, stale football with inconsistent, ground-out results......ring any bells??

64 year old Sam Allardyce .... low win ratio .... high draw ratio .... plenty of losses, and a huge back room staff. We would be better organised, but still playing "yesterday's" football.  That would be a NO from me!

We need to plan for the future, and if we need someone to fill in for a few months to give Purslow time to make the right appointment, then Oscar Garcia is used to working for months rather than years in a job. He could be a temporary fix as he's currently available.

Bruce said a few weeks ago that he believed "NOBODY" could do the Villa job better than him, and for once I agree with him.

Sack Bruce even if we bring in "nobody" (it would be an improvement). Put Steve Agnew and Mark Delaney in temporary charge. Bruce's continued stubborn bumbling is damaging us!

Bruce Out!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

64 year old Sam Allardyce .... low win ratio .... high draw ratio .... plenty of losses, and a huge back room staff. We would be better organised, but still playing "yesterday's" football.  That would be a NO from me!

We need to plan for the future, and if we need someone to fill in for a few months to give Purslow time to make the right appointment, then Oscar Garcia is used to working for months rather than years in a job. He could be a temporary fix as he's currently available.

Bruce said a few weeks ago that he believed "NOBODY" could do the Villa job better than him, and for once I agree with him.

Sack Bruce even if we bring in "nobody" (it would be an improvement). Put Steve Agnew and Mark Delaney in temporary charge. Bruce's continued stubborn bumbling is damaging us!

Bruce Out!

What absolute load of drivel.

Sure you want Bruce out - but suggest we would be better without any manager is tosh of the highest order.