New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 hours ago, hippo said:

What absolute load of drivel.

Sure you want Bruce out - but suggest we would be better without any manager is tosh of the highest order.

Bit harsh.

I'd suggest a one celled ameloblastoma would be better than Bruce, stop defending his corner, we are way past all that nonsense.

• Like 2

I'm not suggesting him for now but an ex player who seems to be properly screwed on and knows what's what is Sam Ricketts. I'm a Wrexham lad and he's transformed the team minus Saturday's fart. The episode of him on Owain Tudor Jones's podcast is very refreshing. He'll work his way to the top, just like he did as a player. He has the right attitude. I'm just posting this in here so I can quote myself in a few years. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Edit: Just to be clear - Gil, Westwood and Bacuna would tear the Championship to pieces under a manager like Allardyce.

Bacuna wouldn't be able to tear open a packet of crisps! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Allardyce is one of a very short list of names I think would be utter disasters.   I would take most VT posters ahead of him (except for those that think he would be a good appointment, of course).

Big Sam does at least seem to be able to drill his teams on the training ground and get results on the pitch from it.  He's a much better manager than Bruce but it would still result in a shit team to watch.  If we did sack Bruce we will no doubt get hammered by the pundits, but appointing Allardyce or Terry would probably be the best moves from a PR point of view.  Not sure if that should even be a consideration, but I suspect it's what put NSWE off making a change in the summer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I'm just posting this in here so I can quote myself in a few years. 

Commendable forward thinking. I vote Wezbid for our manager in the future. 

I’m just posting this so I can quote myself in a few years ?

• Like 1

I think it was Thatcher on Twitter who said he thinks the next appointment would be a mendez client, probably Paulo Fonseca. I'd never heard of him. I've just read two articles on him and decided I want him more than anything else in the world. In my mind it also seems strangely possible. 

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

I think it was Thatcher on Twitter who said he thinks the next appointment would be a mendez client, probably Paulo Fonseca. I'd never heard of him. I've just read two articles on him and decided I want him more than anything else in the world. In my mind it also seems strangely possible. 

I asked sky bet other day on twitter odds on him being next manager purely on the Mendes link and fact is he lost out on Everton job to another Mendes client. they told me wait until we after new manager for odds. Could be worth a cheeky tenner as more than likely to be Costinho, Fonseca or AVB all clients if Mendes.

Fonseca is a superb coach and improves young players with his coaching style and has high win ratio in Russia. it would send shock waves if we ever appointed someone of his ilk as our next manager/Head Coach 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, hippo said:

What absolute load of drivel.

Sure you want Bruce out - but suggest we would be better without any manager is tosh of the highest order. 

It's a common VT trope that "Anyone would be better than (insert name here)"

It's obviously nonsense. 

13 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Why would he want to when he has the Whelan, Adomah and Elmohamady dream team to pick from?

Edit: Just to be clear - Gil, Westwood and Bacuna would tear the Championship to pieces under a manager like Allardyce.

You're a funny, funny guy.