New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Can be adapt the game he likes to play so that players who are less capable than those he is accustomed to working with can be successful next season and will he stick around long enough to make it work or be allowed time to do so? It will be an interesting experiment for Leeds next season.

34 minutes ago, John said:

Can be adapt the game he likes to play so that players who are less capable than those he is accustomed to working with can be successful next season and will he stick around long enough to make it work or be allowed time to do so? It will be an interesting experiment for Leeds next season.

18 players of his 25 man squad that were runners up in both the Europa League and Copa Del Rey in 2011-2012 were either youth products, free transfers or purchased for less than 300k.

So yes he is capable of getting players who's market value is pittance and less capable than first division to perform to world class standards. They lost to Barcelona and Atletico in those two finals.

Not bad, hey!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

18 players of his 25 man squad that were runners up in both the Europa League and Copa Del Rey in 2011-2012 were either youth products, free transfers or purchased for less than 300k.

So yes he is capable of getting players who's market value is pittance and less capable than first division to perform to world class standards. They lost to Barcelona and Atletico in those two finals.

Not bad, hey!

that was in Spanish a language he has worked in most of his career. How is his English? How will English players react to his flexibility

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

that was in Spanish a language he has worked in most of his career. How is his English? How will English players react to his flexibility

Good points. Bielsa I think is a lot more intelligent, down to earth and level headed than he is often given credit for. He's not mad as in unstable, he's mad as in that he's different.

I don't know how he will fare in England, and I know nothing of the Leeds setup, something I imagine will undergo quite significant change as Bielsa is demanding and rigorous in approach.

But although I have studied his past, I have no real idea of how things will go at Leeds next season, I can only say I have confidence in Bielsa as a person as well as a football brain, not exactly the blueprint for how Leeds are going to get themselves promoted!

THB I think Bielsa will struggle as he is extremely demanding and I'm doubtful Leeds can assemble a squad with enough drive and ambition to match his.

The average modern day footballer appears to be more into shiny trinkets and social media than being the best they can. Bielsa won't stand for that.

FFP looks like the main concern from Bruce's interview, in saying that, I cant see us selling players like Kodj and Hogan as I doubt we could sell them for a fee that doesn't add to the FFP loss. If anything a loan would be better suited getting the wages off the book

Players that would help us with FFP are Grealish, Chester, Adomah, which I can see leaving and any other home grown talent.  Really hope we keep the likes of Green and Davis and build the team around them next season 

• 2 weeks later...

I now have @ feeling Bruce’s days are numbered here. I think they will look at a bigger name than Bruce. They might stick with h8m but I expect if Bruce starts like he did this yea4 he will be gone by September.

• Thanks 1

On 07/07/2018 at 00:58, A'Villan said:

Good points. Bielsa I think is a lot more intelligent, down to earth and level headed than he is often given credit for. He's not mad as in unstable, he's mad as in that he's different.

I don't know how he will fare in England, and I know nothing of the Leeds setup, something I imagine will undergo quite significant change as Bielsa is demanding and rigorous in approach.

But although I have studied his past, I have no real idea of how things will go at Leeds next season, I can only say I have confidence in Bielsa as a person as well as a football brain, not exactly the blueprint for how Leeds are going to get themselves promoted!

Bielsa is more hype than substance

• Like 2

On 06/07/2018 at 14:40, Villan_of_oz said:

I willing to bet that he isn't there at Xmas 

He probably won't be there by August knowing Bielsa

AV AV VOOM 

Thierry Henry emerges as shock contender to become Aston Villa manager

Villa chief Tony Xia sold 55 per cent of the club to new investors, who could look to replace Steve Bruce.

THIERRY HENRY is a shock contender for the Aston Villa job if Steve Bruce gets the axe.

The Arsenal legend quit his £4million-a-year role at Sky Sports earlier this week with the intention of entering management following his success as Belgium assistant boss at the World Cup.

It comes after the Championship club were last night saved from administration by an Egyptian consortium, headed up by billionaire Nassef Sawiris, who bought a majority share.

Bruce is preparing another push for the Premwith Villa after losing to Fulham in the play-off final last season, and would only have a a shoestring budget.

But he could be replaced before the start of the season if the new owners feel a fresh face is needed at the club.

Sawiris and American financier Wes Edens have answered Dr Tony Xia’s desperate SOS to rescue crisis-club Villa.

Xia yesterday accepted a cut-price deal — worth less than £30million — to hand over a controlling stake in the club he paid £76m to buy from Randy Lerner in June 2016.

NSWE, a company formed by Sawiris and Edens, purchased 55 per cent of Xia’s shares, with a complete buy-out likely once the new investors satisfy the EFL’s Owners and Directors’ test.

Until then, Xia remains as a co-chairman with a 45 per cent stake in the club.

He tweeted: “Hope new partnership with Nassef and Wes we can continue our efforts to bring Villa to where it belongs

“Have to say we were even worse than Sunderland when we walked in.

“I don’t regret for what I have been trying, though I know we could do much better in many ways.”

Sawiris, 57, is the richest Egyptian in the world with a net wealth in excess of £5billion.

Edens, 56, is a private equity investor and co-owner of Milwaukee Bucks NBA team.

They commented: “We believe our business and sports experience will help strengthen the club.

“Our priority is to strengthen the squads and structures ahead of the new season and beyond.”

Here

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Interesting, I like the thought of a younger coach in. He is a huge name but will he be another zola? 

I don't know know why people get excited about a big name former player becoming a manager. 

They almost never do anything. You can name player after player who everyone assume would be good managers who turn out rubbish. 

It's far more often lesser know names who become top managers. 

I would be very very cold on Henry testing the water with us. We need someone proven at this stage else we risk another year lost and a other rebuild of squad. 

• Like 1