New Manager Speculation

maqroll

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Warburton has really looked poor in his last 2 clubs. I know both are ran just as crazily as us though I think Forest have new ownership since then

He was starting to turn Forest around and nutjob owner installed his own man. I'd give him a free pass on Rangers.

Simply stated, he can't have us play worse than the clown Brucey.

On 09/06/2018 at 10:28, holteend1982 said:

60% win record at Argentina but failed to get out the group stages of the world cup which including losing to England. Won the Olympics but I don't think anyone cares about that as a tournament so not as remotely impressive as it sounds. 

With Chile lost to Spain beat Switzerland and Honduras to get out their group but then lost against Brazil 3-0 in round 16, again hardly impressive. 

Finished fourth with Marseille, nothing special. Walked out on them after losing his opening game the next season though. 

Not sure why you have a big obsession with him but he's walked out on a few clubs when things haven't gone his way, the last thing we would need is a manager who has the potential to just get up and leave when things don't go his way. 

Also if he was as good as you and pep guadiola keep making out he'd be in a job and not be going for job interviews with clubs like Leeds utd. 

Just to be clear, you’re not impressed because he lost to Spain and Brazil in the World Cup?   Did you watch us at n the first half against Fulham?    

I would argue little shame to losing to Brazil in quarterfinals of World Cup (in Brazil wasn’t it?).  And this is a stick you beat him with?   Hmm.  

Brazil in Brazil in World Cup round of 16 compared to Brentford.  Which loss do you think is more embarrassing in a manager’s record?    

8 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Brazil in Brazil in World Cup round of 16 compared to Brentford.  Which loss do you think is more embarrassing in a manager’s record?    

Arguably with the Argentinian players at his disposal, losing to Brazil.

He's a loose cannon and that's why he's never been with a top club for a sustained period. You bang on about managing Argentina, but have you forgotten that the Argentinian FA had Maradona managing them ?

Southgate (a complete disaster as a club manager) is in charge of England. International and club management are 2 completely different beasts.

Edited by TheAuthority

19 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Arguably with the Argentinian players at his disposal, losing to Brazil.

He's a loose cannon and that's why he's never been with a top club for a sustained period. You bang on about managing Argentina, but have you forgotten that the Argentinian FA had Maradona managing them ?

Southgate (a complete disaster as a club manager) is in charge of England. International and club management are 2 completely different beasts.

Sorry, but I didn’t bang on about anything.  I would not be a huge fan of his. I would prefer someone younger.  I just thought it was absurd to argue that he wouldn’t be good to replace Steve Bruce because of his World Cup record. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Southgate (a complete disaster as a club manager)

I don't think this perception of Southgate is a fair one. Two mid-table finishes with Boro before the relegation season wasn't a bad effort. Then sacked with Boro 1 point off the top in the Championship. Sure, he wasn't a big success, but complete disaster is a bit of an over-statement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Agnew 

Warbutton

Mccarthy 

Can't see pass those - although people are comparing us to Sunderland - so maybe we appoint Chris Coleman a few games in !!!

Coleman's not a bad shout at all - Chester and Taylor would like that.

Edit - Oh he's in China...

Edited by Jareth

25 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

I don't think this perception of Southgate is a fair one. Two mid-table finishes with Boro before the relegation season wasn't a bad effort. Then sacked with Boro 1 point off the top in the Championship. Sure, he wasn't a big success, but complete disaster is a bit of an over-statement.

Have to agree with this, with what he's done with the youngsters of England since being appointed, I'd snap his arm off if he was offered to us now! 

44 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

He paid 12 million for Afonso Alves, he is rightly judged ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

unemployed British and Irish managers. probably our criteria

Allardyce

Pardew 

Heckinbotham

Holloway

McCarthy

Paul Lambert :lol:

Warburton
Cotterill 

Redknapp