Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Bonatini anyone? 

(Rumours on Twitter suggest we're going on for him on loan)

Its about as likely as......as....well,   well something very unlikely 

8 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

has anyone considered that barry might come in as a player coach?

i think that could be a very good move as he has a good head on him

Yea head so good that he stole a taxi whilst breaking a team curfew, and no doubt a drinking ban, whilst his side were in a relegation scrap. 

#rolemodel. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 4

On 22/06/2018 at 18:15, Jareth said:

A- would love it if he signs, B - if he signs, looking forward to flagging this post in about 6 months time.

Please do. You have been so spot on with bruce and xia previously.  

Barry, a player who tried to force a move to liverpool through the press. Loved a drink at city. Took the piss last year at albion.

While an excellent player and one of my all time villa favourites, it's just not the signing we should be doing at this point. Unless we are just happy staying down here. Which as i said, with xia and bruce, i believe the club probably are more than happy with that. 

Edited by DCJonah

On 22/06/2018 at 18:01, DCJonah said:

What would signing barry achieve? Another old player with no chance of making money on and not really good enough to make a big impact on the team. 

Would be wasting more money and spending another year down here. Which is basically what i expect from bruce and xia for the upcoming year. 

We don’t need to only bring in players that we have a chance of making money on, Jonah. If the deal is right (ie: ridiculously low wages in Barry’s case) then any signing shouldn’t be written off simply because there’s no sell-on value. We won’t make any money off loan signings but I bet you’d have Snodgrass back in a heartbeat.

Let’s not make the mistake of also thinking that just because a player isn’t lighting up the Premier League, that there isn’t a chance that he has a part to play down in the Championship. Most people wanted rid of Clark and Baker when we got relegated, but I bet we’d have them back now.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bonatini woukd be a bloody great signing. Cant see it though with our current financial situation. 

didnt he not score a goal after christmas

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

didnt he not score a goal after christmas

His last goal was on the 4th December. Hardly prolific is he? I saw him a fair few times and he looked way off the pace. Would be a bad signing in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

His last goal was on the 4th December. Hardly prolific is he? I saw him a fair few times and he looked way off the pace. Would be a bad signing in my opinion.

I saw a tweet that suggested that the word from the club is that we were happy with our forward options - which is understandable, We have bigger problems at the back.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

I saw a tweet that suggested that the word from the club is that we were happy with our forward options - which is understandable, We have bigger problems at the back.

Yes, replacing Terry is definitely the priority.

16 minutes ago, KSV said:

We can't be happy with strike force when we lost Grabban.. likely sale of Kodjia. Bs report.

I'd be happy to see him come back if the cost is right for us, I'm sure we can raise the money through sales for a low fee, ditto for Hernandez.

3 hours ago, KSV said:

We can't be happy with strike force when we lost Grabban.. likely sale of Kodjia. Bs report.

Until Kodja is sold though (and maybe we have no intention of selling him) we have him Hogan, Davis, Hepburn Murphy is apparently being looked at as more of a first teamer. Then we also have McCormack on the books still. 

Until one is sold in our current financial situation that will probably have to suffice when you consider we only have 1 centre back. Thats the more pressing concern. 

Â