Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

On 27/06/2018 at 04:34, hippo said:

Its only TBAR - but an ITK on there reckons we have sales lined up to the tune of £30m - suggests one of them maybe Andre Green  - but Adds that one of the departees isn't Chester.   

Spurs double swoop for Greene & Grealish. ???

Guess who we beat to the signature of Green ??  Might be someone is in the 2=2=5 biz

Old logical trick - one of the departees isnt Chester - but another one is  - cant fool me

Edited by SirSteveUK

On 24/06/2018 at 16:39, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Less emphasis on Round, and more on the "Scouting Network".

Obviously links are just links, but rarely do we ever end up with anything further than EFL/Premier League, like ever.

We have a scouting network - we just don't have anyone in charge of it since Coton went to the SOL

Steve Bruce has been told Aston Villa can’t even afford free transfers while they are in financial crisis. 

Embattled Chinese owner Dr Tony Xia is trying to find new investment or a new owner for Championship Villa after their play-off final loss.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-financial-crisis-bad-12822121

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We once said "at least we're not Leeds" Everyone will now be saying "at least we're not Villa." I know it's in the Mirror but I'm sure we've all been thinking that players will be leaving with nobody coming in to replace them at Villa Park during this window. A little light at the end of the tunnel would be welcome sadly it's an express train coming in the opposite direction towards us.

1 hour ago, John said:

We once said "at least we're not Leeds" Everyone will now be saying "at least we're not Villa." I know it's in the Mirror but I'm sure we've all been thinking that players will be leaving with nobody coming in to replace them at Villa Park during this window. A little light at the end of the tunnel would be welcome sadly it's an express train coming in the opposite direction towards us.

Think of all the youth players we could play now tho! Everyone’s obsessed with them and now they will get their chance! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Think of all the youth players we could play now tho! Everyone’s obsessed with them and now they will get their chance! 

Yes, I would very much like to see some given an opportunity during this season (we seem to have little choice) but they have to be introduced gradually, not all at once, not without some more experienced players playing alongside them and not with the pressure of knowing that if they fail to hit the ground running or go off the boil after a run of games they may face the blame for our poor results (not that I think that our fans would put the blame on them).  

26 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

Was half-expecting to see us linked with Grabban again though I guess our financial issues would prevent it. Seems a few Championship clubs are after him. 

Clubs with ambition and money which precludes us. :(

2 hours ago, John said:

Yes, I would very much like to see some given an opportunity during this season (we seem to have little choice) but they have to be introduced gradually, not all at once, not without some more experienced players playing alongside them and not with the pressure of knowing that if they fail to hit the ground running or go off the boil after a run of games they may face the blame for our poor results (not that I think that our fans would put the blame on them).  

It's pretty hard to separate 25000+ booing fans, whether it's aimed at them or not, it they're on the pitch they will feel it. 

And I can absolutely 100% guarantee you that if we are struggling next season there will be more booing than rapturous support. 

• Like 2

Â