Blose pre match

Demitri_C

Cant stand this game. Stomach churning . feel sick. banging head ache afterwards

I was trying to explain the feeling to Mrs T, who just doesn't get it

She said its not the same emotion as a woman goes through having a baby is it. 

I said "Imagine being in labour for days, having a very very painful birth, then to be told the baby is poorly, 15 mins later you are told it was a mistake the baby is fine, then oh no sorry we are not sure. Then you get told actually you haven't had a baby it was a phantom pregnancy" then you will get close to the emotion we go through watching this game 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We might be the ultimate form team right now, but Birmingham are no slouches either, sitting as high as fourth in the form table.

At least in the two last matches their victories seem to have been just as or more solid than ours. From the numbers alone, it's a fair assumption that this is not going to be a walk in the park.

10 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Cant stand this game. Stomach churning . feel sick. banging head ache afterwards

I said "Imagine being in labour for days, having a very very painful birth, then to be told the baby is poorly, 15 mins later you are told it was a mistake the baby is fine, then oh no sorry we are not sure. Then you get told actually you haven't had a baby it was a phantom pregnancy" then you will get close to the emotion we go through watching this game 

And..... Rob is now single :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Now this is a very brave man. Get well soon.

39 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Now this is a very brave man. Get well soon.

actually it didnt go down well. It seemed OK as I was saying it. But Mrs T's silent reaction says more than words 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

From their forum, about talking to some Villa fans.:lol:

They've never sounded so nervous and insecure. Utterly broken on the inside. 

I said that Jota scored 2 goals the other day and I've never seen the blood drain quicker from somebodies face. They're shitting themselves. 

There's a strange feeling in the air in the build up to this one, unlike the previous few derbies. This upcoming one smells like 2003 and 2010. 

I asked them to watch our highlights against Sheffield Wednesday where we ripped them apart for 45 minutes. They haven't spoken to me since. 

They're worried. I told them it's only football and they burst into tears. 

This time Blues won't be reverting back to 1st gear in the second half. It will be fire and fury for the whole 90 minutes. 

Kill them Blues

I like how they remember the years of the 2 times they beat us :crylaugh:

Most Villa fans won't be able to tell you the exact year we beat them 5-1 :lol: . Shows how they're both small time and obsessed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

From their forum, about talking to some Villa fans.:lol:

They've never sounded so nervous and insecure. Utterly broken on the inside. 

I said that Jota scored 2 goals the other day and I've never seen the blood drain quicker from somebodies face. They're shitting themselves. 

There's a strange feeling in the air in the build up to this one, unlike the previous few derbies. This upcoming one smells like 2003 and 2010. 

I asked them to watch our highlights against Sheffield Wednesday where we ripped them apart for 45 minutes. They haven't spoken to me since. 

They're worried. I told them it's only football and they burst into tears. 

This time Blues won't be reverting back to 1st gear in the second half. It will be fire and fury for the whole 90 minutes. 

Kill them Blues

jwmrb_s-200x150.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I like how they remember the years of the 2 times they beat us :crylaugh:

Most Villa fans won't be able to tell you the exact year we beat them 5-1 :lol: . Shows how they're both small time and obsessed.

I think it was 2008, but without looking it up I couldn't say for certain.

I forget all the time that we beat them 5-1 as those years under MON were a whirlwind as we were striving for Top 4, that game was just another win.

It's cute though that Blues fans hold the victories in 2003 and 2010 as some of their clubs finest accomplishments. :lol:

• Like 4

I'm always worried about this fixture, but we should smash them. 

They aren't very good, we are. 

3-0 

Hogan, Snodgrass, Grabban.

if we’re serious about 2nd place this has to be a win, despite what their form is. They’re where they are for a reason. We must keep the momentum going because as we’ve seen from other teams it’s quite easy to falter when big points are dropped. Get our noses in front with no games in hand or permutations and we won’t be in that position in the last few games where the pressure is on and you have to win every game or it’s over.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

So he's comparing it to possibly having your baby being born poorly. What an utter clearing in the woods. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

31 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

i know it's a local derby but we are by far the superior side and it should be a case of business as usual and another 3 points. if we are serious about 2nd games like this need to be won fairly comfortably.

Superior in ability.....to drive home the result, we have to match or supercede them for aggression and application.

that is the key.

We have to want it more.

• Like 2