Blose pre match

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Cant wait. The chance to set a record 7 in a row. Our team at the top of their game, them playing well and looking to spoil the party.

Should be a cracking game. Hopefully their twattish fans wont ruin it for everyone.

Only 2k of them and there will be 40,000 of us to drown them out.

i think there wont be many goals, they will setup to try bully us like millwall did and nick a goal and sit back and frustrate us. the fans need to get behind the team even if some passes go array. we certainly dont need negativity from the crowd as these guys have been absolutely awesome the last 6 games.  i think they will play maghoma and n doye to try bully bjarnason and hourihane. but these players are slow, if we can utilise the pace in the side and grealish plays like he has been they wont be able to handle him and snods 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Jack will get lumps kicked out of him, more so than usual, so I hope the ref is on good form.

He wont be the ref offer no protection here. We should do the same to Jota if they try this on Grealish. 

I still cannot believe the ref booked Grealish for that foul on Saturday. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Cant wait. The chance to set a record 7 in a row. Our team at the top of their game, them playing well and looking to spoil the party.

Should be a cracking game. Hopefully their twattish fans wont ruin it for everyone.

Tbf, they rarely play up that much at our place these days. It's a different story at their gaff, but you won't get hardly any problems off them on Sunday apart from verbals. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He wont be the ref offer no protection here. We should do the same to Jota if they try this on Grealish. 

I still cannot believe the ref booked Grealish for that foul on Saturday. Unbelievable. 

It was a total farce wasn’t it? I can see Jack getting kicked to bits here... 

Time to bury the hatchet a little for this one. I hope the clubs and the vast majority of fans can show some respect to Steve Bruce with the sad news of him losing his dad earlier today and with his mum still being in hospital. Some rousing support from the terraces seems appropriate. All corners of the ground. He did a lot for them in his time there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tbf, they rarely play up that much at our place these days. It's a different story at their gaff, but you won't get hardly any problems off them on Sunday apart from verbals. 

They enjoy having the numbers at the Sty and will try and whack any normal supporter man, woman or child but the lulus tend to get a slap when they turn up in B6. They haven't bothered coming to VP for years as we always have far superior numbers out...so I'm told. 

38 minutes ago, wedge said:

They enjoy having the numbers at the Sty and will try and whack any normal supporter man, woman or child but the lulus tend to get a slap when they turn up in B6. They haven't bothered coming to VP for years as we always have far superior numbers out...so I'm told. 

Assuming it's a sell out and we only gave them about 2,000 or so seats then we outnumber them quite considerably. If I was a clearing in the woods looking to cause trouble I would not be starting on upwards to 40,000 Villa fans that's for sure. 

57 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Assuming it's a sell out and we only gave them about 2,000 or so seats then we outnumber them quite considerably. If I was a clearing in the woods looking to cause trouble I would not be starting on upwards to 40,000 Villa fans that's for sure. 

Even with their fall house 20k we still have almost double their fan base. To be honest as much as we dislike it the sunday 12pm helps minimise trouble

3 hours ago, wedge said:

My only experience at th sty was a nasty one, saw them running up to our fans (some kids) and throwing urine over them from bottles. 

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

And I hope Huddersfield take this game into extra time tonight 

I think they are gonna play a weakened side anyway so won't matter. Silly really as a tie against man United awaits against a beatable huddesfield reserve side

I have only one reservation.....can we raise enough aggression to see them off.

I have no issue with our ability, just hope we don't succumb to being bullied against them like we usually do and subsequently negate our superior talent.

its all down to that for me.