Blose pre match

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Win tomorrow and we go 2nd.

I am absolutely bricking it.

I hope the atmosphere tomorrow is raucous and not nervy! We need to start quickly. 

Hopefully we get the 3 points as these cretins would be even more unbearable if they prevent us getting into second. 

• Like 1

I am expecting us to win because we are a far more settled team with more quality than we had when they last came to Villa Park.

5a7f365fe8361_ScreenShot2018-02-10at18_13_22.png.9c36376e65d95adfdc0c246108cdb243.png

This was our Line up and Formation against Blues last season.  We were over run in midfield and we lacked legs and we scrapped a 1-0 victory. Compared to what we have available to us now and the form that we're in.. i am confident.

30 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

No, it would be much better for morale if we had lost 6 in a row.

Who cares about morale? Probability wise we would be more likely to get a result tomorrow if we had lost 6 in a row. 

So yes I would have much preferred that scenario because beating Blues is much more important than promotion. :ph34r:

Win tomorrow, go second - will make getting up for work on Monday morning all the more easier.  C'mon boys, do it for the supporters, the boss and most of all, yourselves.  Promotion will seem all the more real if we win tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Win tomorrow, go second - will make getting up for work on Monday morning all the more easier.  C'mon boys, do it for the supporters, the boss and most of all, yourselves.  Promotion will seem all the more real if we win tomorrow.  

Team talk for both sides right there. 

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I am expecting us to win because we are a far more settled team with more quality than we had when they last came to Villa Park.

5a7f365fe8361_ScreenShot2018-02-10at18_13_22.png.9c36376e65d95adfdc0c246108cdb243.png

This was our Line up and Formation against Blues last season.  We were over run in midfield and we lacked legs and we scrapped a 1-0 victory. Compared to what we have available to us now and the form that we're in.. i am confident.

I can see why we won with them having Kuszczak upfront

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Our lineup has certainly improved.  But derby’s are funny.  I have high hopes but also a nagging fear they might show up flying and stun us.  

Come on older heads, (terry especially) calm us down, calm the match.  We’re much better of the two sides.  Just play the game with a faster tempo than they can.  I don’t mean calm the match as in slow it down. I mean  calm the match as in play with composure and confidence in our ability to play the ball more quickly than they can chase it down.  Let them run out their adrenaline like headless chickens, then pick ‘em apart.  Simple.  UTV

I'd play

Johnstone

Elmohamady---Terry---Chester---Hutton

Snodgrass---Hourihane---Bjarnasson---Adomah

Grealish

Hogan

I'd keep the same team barring any injuries but keep the bench ready, people like Grabban and Tuanzebe, just in case anything needs changing early on.

Grealish will receive some attention all game, he's going to have to be at the top of his game and keep a level head. I have faith that he will.

It's going to be a tough match but I think if we keep our composure and are clinical, will win.

I'm going to say 3-0 Villa :flag:

Grealish with an early one, Terry header just before halftime and then Gabby to rise from the bench for a beautiful solo goal with five minutes to go. (He'll probably get booked too)

Derby day brings the goat out in many people but I'm hoping for a peaceful day. Stay safe everyone.

giphy.webp

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who cares about morale? Probability wise we would be more likely to get a result tomorrow if we had lost 6 in a row. 

So yes I would have much preferred that scenario because beating Blues is much more important than promotion. :ph34r:

I don’t think you know much about probability   :D

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't!!! 

But doesn't the probability of another win decrease each time we win a game? 

Let’s suppose we are flipping a coin: heads represents a win and tails represents a draw (‘cause we can’t lose).

if you flip a head, then next time you toss the coin, what are the odds of flipping a head or tails? The same of course, 50/50 (and I do mean 50%/50% :D).

Now that’s not to say the odds of flipping two heads in a row is 50%. That would be 25% (0.50 x 0.50 = 0.25). But once you’ve already flipped one head / one won game, the odds of the next flip see no history.

Obviously football results aren’t binary if that even needs saying but the explanation stands.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1