Blose pre match

Demitri_C

On 2/7/2018 at 21:21, Robtaylor200 said:

Cant stand this game. Stomach churning . feel sick. banging head ache afterwards

I was trying to explain the feeling to Mrs T, who just doesn't get it

She said its not the same emotion as a woman goes through having a baby is it. 

I said "Imagine being in labour for days, having a very very painful birth, then to be told the baby is poorly, 15 mins later you are told it was a mistake the baby is fine, then oh no sorry we are not sure. Then you get told actually you haven't had a baby it was a phantom pregnancy" then you will get close to the emotion we go through watching this game 

There are some posts that you feel like scrubbing them out and starting again.....I have a suspicion this could be one.:)

You will never find an analogy for us, on this subject ......that comes close to having a baby, I guess catching your willy in a zip is the most we have to endure and that is no comparison.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Johnathan Grounds is out for the rest of their season.

Be interesting who they play at left back. I think they expect us to target the left side. We should do the opposite and go for the right

We can target both sides with Grealish and Snodgrass. Probably the best wide players we've had since Young and Downing, can punish a defender both inside and outside. The stars are aligning for me on us winning this comfortably, we're the better side, better players, in form, full house, players fired up by Bruce's return from bereavement wanting to do him proud. Sure a derby is a leveller but we will take a lot of levelling at this point, we've lost once (I think?) at home in the league all season. A confident win (2 or 3) to nil for me. Could be considered partizan however! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Be interesting who they play at left back. I think they expect us to target the left side. We should do the opposite and go for the right

I think this is some of the reason that Adomah has struggled to make an impact in the last couple of games (although he’s obv still been good), teams have singled him out as a threat and that could be why Snodgrass has done well on the right as the threat of Adomah has freed him up. I wouldn’t be surprised if Adomah got on the score sheet on Sunday, as if they watch our last few games you’d be stupid ignore the threat of Snodders so might free up Albert down the left.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Knowing our luck it will be a 1-0 but pyrrhic victory with season ending injuries to 3 first teamers and we finish 6th.

So long as it's 3 blues first teamers and we win the play-offs, I'll take it.

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It will make my year if Hutton scores a screamer on Sunday. 

Hutton has always been a favourite of mine. He doesn't top the class and skill ratings, but he works bloody hard and gives his all. That is what we need from all of them tomorrow. Hutton said a couple of years ago, that he had a Superman tattoo on the inside of his bottom lip and he would show it to the camera if he scored. Mrs T laughs when I am shouting at the TV as it reminds her of the meerkats  Alan Alan  Alan 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You down for the game Mooney? Being ex C-Crew, and all that ;)

Haha! I haven't been to a match in years, simply can't afford it. 

But more importantly, I've NEVER been to the Blues derby (WBA games many times). 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't like the fact we have won 6 in a row. 

I know where you are coming from and I'm feeling it to an extent as well.

On the one hand I am pleased that we have won 6 in a row, but I do feel that one of these games our streak will end and I'm just hoping it's not tomorrow.