Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

34 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just for the avoidance of doubt - Nike don't make stuff for other people.

They design everything themselves, unless it's a collaboration with someone of the calibre Sacai or Stone Island.

I'll be flabbergasted if they go against the methods that have made them a $30bn company so they can put a kit designed by Luke onto a second division football team who only fully open the stadium twice a season.

I bow to your expertise, as ever, Rob.

But, er, 3 times as season this season - SHA, Wolves, Derby :P

This of course now completely invalidates your supreme kit knowledge and wins me an internet.

Who needs experts!

[edit] sorry, that may be off topic, so er....., Shirts...Socks...keks...tracky bottoms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just for the avoidance of doubt - Nike don't make stuff for other people.

They design everything themselves, unless it's a collaboration with someone of the calibre Sacai or Stone Island.

I'll be flabbergasted if they go against the methods that have made them a $30bn company so they can put a kit designed by Luke onto a second division football team who only fully open the stadium twice a season.

I’ve done absolutely no research into it but I can say with almost total certainty that rumours of. Luke1977 and Nike collaboration are total nonsense. 

• Like 1

I think this thread is funny.  It’s fine for ya’ll to enjoy and feel strongly about kits. I just don’t. I wouldn’t care if we wore white undershirts and gym shorts so long as we play well and win.  On the other hand, I buy a shirt almost every season, I just pick the home or away depending on which I like better, so I guess I care what they look like, but only if I’m wearing it.  So suit up the lads in gray t shirts that say “property of Birmingham jail.” 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I think this thread is funny.  It’s fine for ya’ll to enjoy and feel strongly about kits. I just don’t. I wouldn’t care if we wore white undershirts and gym shorts so long as we play well and win.  On the other hand, I buy a shirt almost every season, I just pick the home or away depending on which I like better, so I guess I care what they look like, but only if I’m wearing it.  So suit up the lads in gray t shirts that say “property of Birmingham jail.” 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mantis said:

I had a dream last night that our home shirt for next season was basically a golf shirt and it looked terrible.

As long as we score "fore" in every game we play wearing it I will be happy as long as we also get a decent wedge for wearing those shirts. ;)

Edited by John
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â