"I Hate Their Guts"

NurembergVillan

I hate anyone who hates The Smiths. :P

I've never since fell in love with a band as much as I did when I discovered The Smiths. Perfection. 

(Moz is a bit of a clearing in the woods, still love him though)

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I am married to someone that loves the smiths, and all through our childhood she loved the smiths, god knows how we got together, let alone remained together.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I've never since fell in love with a band as much as I did when I discovered The Smiths. Perfection. 

To die by your side......

• Like 2

I quite like The Smiths, and love The Byrds. As such all this arguing is tearing me apart. It's like my parents splitting up! I'll go an live with Mooney in the week, and see Risso on weekends, Birthdays, and Christmas.

Anywho, when I see this thread pops up, I'm always reminded of this...

I always thought I didn't really hate that many people. But thinking about it, I really hate a lot of people. And a surprisingly high number of those are in the you seering hatred that makes your eyes burn at the very image of them.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah I was thinking the same @mjmooney. I’d be a little more on the nose and say you, @Stevo985 must have heard these, I guess without knowing who it was -

I'm at work so can't see the videos.

I've quite possibly heard their songs. but I certainly couldn't name them, and I'm not aware of the band name

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I quite like The Smiths, and love The Byrds. As such all this arguing is tearing me apart. It's like my parents splitting up! I'll go an live with Mooney in the week, and see Risso on weekends, Birthdays, and Christmas.

Anywho, when I see this thread pops up, I'm always reminded of this...

I see this, and raise you this...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Not sure if serious... 

ironic that you cite a song clearly influenced  from John Coltrane in a thread where Marr is the anti Christ for being influenced  by  people  :) 

(ok tbf it's more that he hasn't acknowledged the influence)

I appreciate the Smiths, used to listen to them back when they were going, even went to see them a few times, however its rare for me to play them these days, I'm all Smithed out I think

Morrissey is a complete and utter arsehole. He really upset a very good friend of mine when their friendship ended (all down to Moz)

Johnny Marr is a decent guitarist but he isn't as good as his reputation suggests

The other two, bah who cares, really they could have been any bang average musician

However, I think you do have to appreciate where they took the Alternative / Indie scene, they were huge and dragged up the profile of so many other bands just because they existed and thrived. 

One reason to dislike them from even back in the day... I always felt the Woodentops didn't get the credit they deserved because Rough Trade wasn't capable of having The Smiths and supporting some of their better prospects at the same time. I prefered the Woodentops if I'm honest, I still play them now and again but you can't really argue with the Smiths legacy either

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

However, I think you do have to appreciate where they took the Alternative / Indie scene, they were huge and dragged up the profile of so many other bands just because they existed and thrived. 

One reason to dislike them from even back in the day... I always felt the Woodentops didn't get the credit they deserved because Rough Trade wasn't capable of having The Smiths and supporting some of their better prospects at the same time. I prefered the Woodentops if I'm honest, I still play them now and again but you can't really argue with the Smiths legacy either

This is part of my issue with them, woodentops are a perfect example, but I always felt smiths obsessives missed out on way way better music. My wife doesn't think you make me feel by the woodentops is very good. She is on borrowed time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

having just listened to Good Thing & Get It on ...  The Woodentops weren't bigger than the Smiths , cause they weren't as good as the Smiths  .... I'm not even sure why it's up for debate :P

Â