"I Hate Their Guts"

NurembergVillan

Just now, Risso said:

I think you need to illustrate your argument with some examples.  Just having the same 12 string guitar is by no means a valid argument for them sounding anything like The Byrds.

That would involve me having to listen to some **** ing Smiths tracks, so I'll pass. 

If you are telling me that Johnny Marr came up with that sound, and would like me to apologise, I would certainly be willing to pretend to.  :)

I still despise them though. 

Oh, and whoever at Penguin books authorised Morrissey's autoeroticbiography being not only published, but published under the Penguin Classics imprint, should have been fired on the spot. 

29 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The horrible slimey grassing arse licking arrogant piece of shit I work with. Sometimes I'd like to kill him. 

I hope we don't hear these words being quoted in Rugely Magistrate's Court as part of a committal to Crown Court anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

And Esther Rantzen:

Don't these people go to dentists?

Ain't that the tooth.

Between the two of them, they have the teeth of three people in their two mouths.

But where did the extra teeth come from? Whose are they?  How did they come to be relocated?  We need answers.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I don't think it, I know it. First time I heard them, I thought "clearing in the woods singer, good Byrdsy backing band", and I fully expected Marr to talk about what a huge McGuinn fan he was. But no. You don't stumble on that exact setup and style by coincidence. 

At least the other Manc clearings in the woods Oasis had the decency to admit they were copying The Beatles. 

I’ve heard the Byrd’s thing a few times but personally I heard this record for the first time a few months back and thought that’s a Stone Roses influence if  I’ve ever I’ve heard one ( I am the resurrection )

Edited by tonyh29

15 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You first heard 'I am a Rock' only a few months back?

Yep was listening to Amazon and 60’s station  and it came on ... bridge over troubled water is one of those songs that makes me want to punch the radio so I don’t tend to listen to any Simon and Garfunkel , just not my bag 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Yep was listening to Amazon and 60’s station  and it came on ... bridge over troubled water is one of those songs that makes me want to punch the radio so I don’t tend to listen to any Simon and Garfunkel , just not my bag 

Don't you even like the original version by Hear'say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

It may not be your bag but I'm genuinely amazed by what you've said. Wow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ah you’re missing out on some great stuff. For me, “Bridge over troubled water” isn’t typical of their stuff (although I do like that song).

For me, “I am a Rock” is far more representative of Simon & Garfunkel‘s music.

But y’know, each to his own etc etc

Â