Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Just now, striker said:

Even if Villa aren’t  promoted then I still can’t see either Terry, Whelan or Jedinak at the club beyond the summer so maybe the club have taken Tuauzebe on loan with a view to buy at the end of the season?

Highly unlikely Jose would sell him from the way he’s spoken about him but another season loan could be viable - I’d expect terry to play another year if we go up as he recently said would relish the chance of going to Chelsea with villa and I think would be good enough for another season .

whelan and jedinak I think would be gone .

• Like 1

Smart signing, covers centre back so hopefully Jedinak never has to cover there again, and covers DM where Whelan and Jedinak struggle to stay fit.

With De Laet going out and him coming in I think we have improved our squad for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Probably could now let barney go if the offer is right .

Yep looking that way although still a decent squad utility option until the summer if injuries hit again.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Even if Villa aren’t  promoted then I still can’t see either Terry, Whelan or Jedinak at the club beyond the summer so maybe the club have taken Tuauzebe on loan with a view to buy at the end of the season?

It will be fantastic if we have managed to get that in but I think he is still highly regarded by Man Utd and don't think they would be keen to sell.

It would be a big figure if they did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Probably could now let barney go if the offer is right .

Rather we let Whelan go, even if the offer isn't right

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

United mate of mine rates him highly.  We're getting a very decent player there :thumb:  Nicely done Steve.  Now to cash in on Elphick & McCormack and ease the FFP further.

Which would in turn allow us to spend more in the summer. Or at least not need to save as much. 

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It will be fantastic if we have managed to get that in but I think he is still highly regarded by Man Utd and don't think they would be keen to sell.

It would be a big figure if they did.

Agree , similar to Kyle walker it’s a deal to get a very good young player games and experience rather than United looking to get rid - it does both clubs a favour .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which would in turn allow us to spend more in the summer. Or at least not need to save as much. 

Correct, although promotion would render that largely moot anyway :)

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Highly unlikely Jose would sell him from the way he’s spoken about him but another season loan could be viable - I’d expect terry to play another year if we go up as he recently said would relish the chance of going to Chelsea with villa and I think would be good enough for another season .

whelan and jedinak I think would be gone .

Looking at the Chelsea Arsenal cup game I honestly feel Terry would be ripped to shreds in the Premiership now so I feel Villa will need a more pacy CB to partner Chester.

For me Terry would be a great appointment as defensive coach.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Unless he is going in at dm this seems a strange signing. So i guess he must be. 

Jedinak is decent but if we can improve on him then it should make us even better.

Jedinak is decent enough but the problem is he rarely plays a run of games  without injury .

Where’s Onomah going to play now? Can’t see him getting too many games which won’t leave Spurs too happy. Same with Tish. Think there must be at least two midfielders on their way out on loan or otherwise?

Johnstone / Steer

Hutton / Taylor

Terry / Chester / Samba / Elphick / Tuanzebe

Elmo / Hutton / Bree

Jedinak / Whelan / Thor / Tuanzebe

Hourihane / Lansbury

Grealish / Onomah / O'Hare

Adomah / Green

Snodgrass / ..........

Hogan / Davis / RHM 

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Where’s Onomah going to play now? Can’t see him getting too many games which won’t leave Spurs too happy. Same with Tish. Think there must be at least two midfielders on their way out on loan or otherwise?

Think tish is out of the picture and onomah down the pecking order now - if we need the cash then the likes of elphick and barney more likely to attract bids - would be surprised if anyone takes McCormack this week 

Â