Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which one? 

Everything is up in the air yes. Either way Tommy Elphick probably isn't the answer.

If we play in the PL then potentially 3 Quality CB's needed.

If we stay in Championship then I'd say 1 CB.

None of this factors Elphick as I feel he will be sold by the end of this window.

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which one? 

Everything is up in the air yes. Either way Tommy Elphick probably isn't the answer.

I probably agree about elphick, but I cant see Terry playing Premier League football should we get there next year. I dont think its just because he doesn't want to face Chelsea I also think he realises he cant play premier league football anymore. Maybe a youngster may get promoted however no championship experience let alone premier league be a gamble. for me if we went up first player I would go for is Flint from Bristol City. He is a very good CB and premier league quality  

Manchester United whizkid Axel Tuanzebe set to join Aston Villa on loan until end of season

Steve Bruce has convinced Old Trafford chiefs to let the versatile defender join his promotion push

By Jamie Gordon

25th January 2018, 8:37 am

Updated: 25th January 2018, 8:37 am

MANCHESTER UNITED youngster Axel Tuanzebe is set to join Aston Villa until the end of the season, according to reports.

Steve Bruce's Villans have recovered from a slow start in the Championship to mount a promotion charge.

Axel Tuanzebe needs game time to continue his development

And the Daily Mail claims Tuanzebe, 20, will be given the chance to develop after featuring just three times this season.

Villa are not playing at the weekend after crashing out of the FA Cup against Peterborough.

Bruce's side travel to Sheffield Wednesday on January 30 and could have Tuanzebe available to bolster their defence.

The United ace would benefit greatly from playing alongside Chelsea legend John Terry, who moved to Villa Park on a free over the summer.

click

Excellent reporting again by the sun there :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Will he be taking up the defensive midfield role or he is more a defender ?

i would expect Jose will be looking to him playing games at villa and not being on the bench .

Both positions, more a defender naturally.

I think he is good enough to go straight in to our first team in either position.

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Will he be taking up the defensive midfield role or he is more a defender ?

i would expect Jose will be looking to him playing games at villa and not being on the bench .

Can’t see Bruce dropping either Terry or Chester for Tuanzebe so it looks like he will be Villa’s new DM but still cover the likelihood of JT not playing every game.

Quite where that leaves Bjarnson, Jedinak or Whelan is open to debate?

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Can’t see Bruce dropping either Terry or Chester for Tuanzebe so it looks like he will be Villa’s new DM but still cover the likelihood of JT not playing every game.

I would say he would play more CDM and backup to our main two centre backs.

Jedinak for me is a play 1 game in 8 player now. Between being injured and always with the Aus national team he rarely features more than I would like him too.

Thor has gave us another option in that position and I have liked what I have seen of him so far in that position.

I don't know where this leaves Whelan by 4th choice CDM.

United mate of mine rates him highly.  We're getting a very decent player there :thumb:  Nicely done Steve.  Now to cash in on Elphick & McCormack and ease the FFP further.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Both positions, more a defender naturally.

I think he is good enough to go straight in to our first team in either position.

Wyness did say last week we would only be bringing in someone  if they were going to be good enough to go straight into the guess side - I guess defensive central midfielder the likely place for him .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would say he would play more CDM and backup to our main two centre backs.

Jedinak for me is a play 1 game in 8 player now. Between being injured and always with the Aus national team he rarely features more than I would like him too.

Thor has gave us another option in that position and I have liked what I have seen of him so far in that position.

I don't know where this leaves Whelan by 4th choice CDM.

Even if Villa aren’t  promoted then I still can’t see either Terry, Whelan or Jedinak at the club beyond the summer so maybe the club have taken Tuauzebe on loan with a view to buy at the end of the season?

13 minutes ago, striker said:

Probably could now let barney go if the offer is right .

Â