The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Something weird happened a minute ago. All the Man Ure fans called for a hand ball but it wasn't given. Don't know what the **** the ref is doing. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t agree with it. But it seems under the rules now if you have your hands up and the ball hits them it’s handball

Its like they're either being obtuse on purpose or they've never played the game though

Its also something that no fan wants (utd today obviously but in general) everyone outside of PGMOL thinks it's stupid

I mean they're actually encouraging dangerous play. 

Your arms are a tool your body uses to stabilise itself. If they expect players to keep their arms down by their sides at all times players are going to injure themselves by landing awakardly. 

It's a complete nonsense. 

Also see players shielding their face and body when the ball is blasted at them. You take a ball full in the face you risk concussion or worse. 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its like they're either being obtuse on purpose or they've never played the game though

Its also something that no fan wants (utd today obviously but in general) everyone outside of PGMOL thinks it's stupid

It is a tough rule to get right to be fair. I hated it when it said there had to be intent, because handballs are hardly ever ever intentional. 

But this certainly isn’t the solution

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

This should be scandalous but inevitably nothing will happen. There needs to be more transparency with the decisions and how they're made at the time

I was just reading about this, he should be sacked. Absolutely ridiculous that he feels he can talk freely about protecting his mate from potential grief rather than ref the match properly.

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was just reading about this, he should be sacked. Absolutely ridiculous that he feels he can talk freely about protecting his mate from potential grief rather than ref the match properly.

Sacked from what? He is retired.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

This should be scandalous but inevitably nothing will happen. There needs to be more transparency with the decisions and how they're made at the time

If this is going on then it makes VAR completely pointless

It's being used to back up referees

• Like 4

Take that attitude and apply it to the Man U v Wolves game, and you can see why an injury time penalty isn't given at Old Trafford, which would have had consequences to the overall result.

It's corrupt, but maybe not in the match-fixing kinda way. It's corrupt as it's there to protect the ref from additional heat from the managers of the big teams. 

Also, where's this audio that we're supposed to be able to hear after the game anyway?

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Applying this logic to decisions like the Konsa/Fernandes incident at VP and it's a huge scandal.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s always been an old boys club there to protect incompetence and maintain the status quo in the league. VAR will never work properly until they make it truly independent and sack these people. 

Â