The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I still don't think enough people realise VAR is merely a tool

Keep VAR nothing is fixed, scrap VAR nothing is fixed, these **** clowns will still ruin football

Yeah but at least we’ll all be able to go back to celebrating every goal like you’ve just won the lottery and do away with the VAR stoppages, also make the officials less important/ visible like they used to be, ah the good ol’ days

• Like 3

The red card was harsh too. Definitely not a clear goal scoring opportunity. Ball was running away from Fernándes and a defender covering that was closer to where the ball was travelling. Maybe not enough to overturn the call once made, but no way it doesn't get turned over if that was a United player getting sent off. Of course, a United player would never be sent off in the first place so all bollocks anyway.

• Like 1

With the Mike Dean one, the decision will have cost Chelsea points and with each position in the league being worth more than £2m, potentially a huge amount of money.

What's to stop Chelsea taking Mike Dean to court to recover that money given that he's admitted he didn't do his job?

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

With the Mike Dean one, the decision will have cost Chelsea points and with each position in the league being worth more than £2m, potentially a huge amount of money.

What's to stop Chelsea taking Mike Dean to court to recover that money given that he's admitted he didn't do his job?

Probably because they know they will get a decision or five their way against a Forest or Fulham when they need it. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Because then he can claim he gave Chelsea a decision in some big game 10 years ago because he didnt want to feel the attention

The penalty was soft that it was given in the first place, but there was contact and it wasnt "manufactured" by Rashford sticking a leg out at an unnatural angle. No way VAR overturn that. 

Red cards was definitely the worse decision  and arguably led to the penalty being generated as Forest were exposed with a man down.

56 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The penalty was soft that it was given in the first place, but there was contact and it wasnt "manufactured" by Rashford sticking a leg out at an unnatural angle. No way VAR overturn that. 

Red cards was definitely the worse decision  and arguably led to the penalty being generated as Forest were exposed with a man down.

I'm the opposite 😂

The argument against the red card would be that it's not a goalscoring opportunity because Fernandes doesn't actually have control of the ball and that ball is too far ahead of him to ever get control of it but I think he is getting it and the defender has a handful of his shorts and drags him down (because despite what our ref vs spurs thought that is a foul...)

The penalty I think rashford falls over, the contact on his right leg makes his left leg refuse to plant in the ground, it's completely unnatural because it's a dive, it has a weird wobble mid air like he's kicking his legs about, a touch on his right leg doesn't make his left leg do that, rashford makes his left leg do that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Just seen the ref for the utd game was Stuart Atwell, him that wasn't good enough 15 years ago

Its a boys club

Yep, the same Stuart Attwell who 15 years ago awarded the ‘ghost goal’ in a Watford v Reading match, absolutely incredible decision.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

What? The impact was 100% obviously manufactured by Rashford. He clearly moves his leg towards the defender who was equally clearly backing off. 

Reminded me of that Grealish one a couple of years ago where he also clearly moved his foot over to make contact with the defender and guess what, ruled out by VAR and resulted in tons of stick for Grealish.  It was pretty much identical. 

Of course if that exact situation happened again now Grealish would be awarded the penalty because he plays for Citeh now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What? The impact was 100% obviously manufactured by Rashford. He clearly moves his leg towards the defender who was equally clearly backing off. 

Reminded me of that Grealish one a couple of years ago where he also clearly moved his foot over to make contact with the defender and guess what, ruled out by VAR and resulted in tons of stick for Grealish.  It was pretty much identical. 

Of course if that exact situation happened again now Grealish would be awarded the penalty because he plays for Citeh now.

He didn't stick his leg out and didn't do a dramatic change of direction.  He was running the same direction as the ball, and while the defender did try and pull out (KW.gif) he didn't successfully do so, hence the contact.

The Fernandes thing was never a "clear goal scoring opportunity" with a covering defender, it never has been.

But then, that's part of the reason VAR has an impossible job.  There are lots of subjective calls. Of course, the main reason is its run by idiots, that are probably corrupt.

Like I said to me the contact and if it was manufactured isn't the problem, doesn't bother me

What bothers me is contact on his right leg doing that to his left leg, it simply doesn't, it's a dive

But refs never apply that element of common sense, always refer back to Mings on salah when a bump on his hip caused him to rotate 180°...its not possible in the laws of physiology

The bump on rashfords right leg doesn't cause his left leg to start wobbling and kicking out mid air, rashfords brain does that because he's selling the dive

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Like I said to me the contact and if it was manufactured isn't the problem, doesn't bother me

What bothers me is contact on his right leg doing that to his left leg, it simply doesn't, it's a dive

But refs never apply that element of common sense, always refer back to Mings on salah when a bump on his hip caused him to rotate 180°...its not possible in the laws of physiology

The bump on rashfords right leg doesn't cause his left leg to start wobbling and kicking out mid air, rashfords brain does that because he's selling the dive

Looked like his right leg cobbled his left leg. I'll need to watch it back as I didn't see what you're describing when I watched it a few times...

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Looked like his right leg cobbled his left leg. I'll need to watch it back as I didn't see what you're describing when I watched it a few times...

That would make sense but I don't think it does and that's why I think it's a dive

I think there is a tiny bit of contact, I don't think it's manufactured contact but I don't think that contact is enough for that reaction,the reaction is fake

Â