The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is why it’s a bad idea in this age, it’ll just be internet campaigns for certain players.

NHL fans voted in a goon for an All Star game a few seasons back. The NHL tried to cancel the vote midway through which made themselves look stupid so he was allowed to play. 

Since then I think voting has been cancelled 😂

Just now, Zatman said:

NHL fans voted in a goon for an All Star game a few seasons back. The NHL tried to cancel the vote midway through which made themselves look stupid so he was allowed to play. 

Since then I think voting has been cancelled 😂

It’s the sporting equivalent of Boaty McBoatface

• Like 1

I haven't looked at the stats, but Arsenal, Spurs, United, Chelsea all probably having their worst season at this point (or one of) in a long time. A few clubs like Sheff U and Wolves overachieving, and yet the top 4 will still go to sides who've played in the CL the last few years. Nothing new (though Leicester is a slight change).

It seems impossible to break that group, and what're the odds so many of them will be so poor in the same season again?

13 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I haven't looked at the stats, but Arsenal, Spurs, United, Chelsea all probably having their worst season at this point (or one of) in a long time. 

Well done mate. Good analysis. Wonder how long it took you to make that conclusion 

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

**** Off, Juventus director talking about a closed Champions League

Thats what the top teams all want really. They hate any outliers like Atalanta or Leicester.

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm fine with it - as long as they are expelled from their national leagues.

Great idea. 

Also any player playing for any English teams in the breakaway league forfeit their chance to play for England. 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2020 at 20:01, Zatman said:

**** Off, Juventus director talking about a closed Champions League

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0306/1120714-juventus-president-atalanta-bergamo/

I hate this elitist shite.

No club should have a right to play in any competition. It's earned. If you don't keep up your performances then somebody else gets a chance.

Italy will have the same problem as the PL

how many teams do they think will play in this European super league? say a 20 team league, that's Juve, inter, milan, roma as Italy's 4, what does he think Lazio and Napoli will say to that? so you chuck them in there too, then England says we want 6, so do spain, so do germany...

the picking of who gets the golden ticket will cause absolute uproar, said before it wont contain spurs and probably based on the last 5 years might not contain arsenal (our 4 would be Liverpool, 2 manc clubs and Chelsea) 

they can make as much noise about it as they like 1) they'll never agree the clubs 2) they'll never cut free of their existing marketing deals

you think after years of sky paying them a kings ransom Liverpool and utd get to walk away and join a new competition that sky doesn't have the TV rights to? not a chance

The G-14 members are:

New members, 2002

So those clubs will be in, and then there are a few more you can bet will be in as well.

Â