The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

The UEFA/FIFA crusade against Qatar (no issue there for me other than that I don't trust either of those organizations) continuing with PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi who is now being dragged to court for corruption charges.

FIFA claiming to be on the accusing end of a corruption case is obviously a bit cute but I can't help to suspect that Mohammed Bin Salman is "secretly" pulling the strings on this one.

edit: 

(CNN)Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has been charged in Switzerland for criminal offenses around the awarding of media rights for various World Cups and Confederations Cups.

Former FIFA secretary general Jerôme Valcke has been charged by the Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland (OAG) with accepting bribes, several counts of aggravated criminal mismanagement and falsifying documents, while Al-Khelaifi has been charged with inciting Valcke to commit aggravated criminal mismanagement.
A third accused, an unnamed businessman, has also been charged with bribery.
Al-Khelaifi is also the chairman of BeIN Media Group, a sports and entertainment network based in Qatar, and a member of the UEFA Executive Committee.
"After an exhaustive three-year investigation, where I have fully and openly cooperated with the Public Prosecutor in Switzerland, I am pleased that all charges of bribery in connection with the 2026 and 2030 World Cups have been dropped," Al-Khelaifi said in a statement.
"While a secondary technical charge remains outstanding, I have every expectation this will be proven completely groundless and without any substance whatsoever, in the same way as the primary case."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/20/football/jerome-valcke-nasser-al-khelaifi-bein-sport-psg-spt-intl/index.html

Edited by sne

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's so much wrong with this.

Primarily how on earth has the ref not seen that contact. It's blatant.

Even if it's incidental contact, he clearly hasn't dived here. Madness. Worse than Grealish's 'dive'.

• Like 1

Agreed with what you say about the decision...........perhaps it is something to do with that they were just putting "The Rangers" U18s out of the cup.......perhaps.

Not the "League Cup" but the ......."Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup" ..😀..........a name almost as bad as the decision. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Fans walked out of Frankfurt vs Union last night to boycott Monday Night Football

They've already decided to remove the Monday night games after next season because of fan protest succeeding.

Good for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

They've already decided to remove the Monday night games after next season because of fan protest succeeding.

Good for them.

I give it a couple more years and I can see Sky introducing a 'MEGA Thursday Lunchtime-Crunch' during which fans in Qatar or India will be able to watch Norwich play West Ham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was just thinking about this last night. Given the delay in getting out of the stadium, and assuming roughly following the speed limit on the journey home, I can't see West Ham fans who live roughly near the stadium getting home in much less than 4 hours after a match in Liverpool, or 2 AM on a weeknight in this case.

It's absolutely criminal. At least with Friday nights, most people aren't working the next day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was just thinking about this last night. Given the delay in getting out of the stadium, and assuming roughly following the speed limit on the journey home, I can't see West Ham fans who live roughly near the stadium getting home in much less than 4 hours after a match in Liverpool, or 2 AM on a weeknight in this case.

It's absolutely criminal. At least with Friday nights, most people aren't working the next day. 

I quite like Friday evening games. To go to the ground, watch it on TV at home, or watch it at the pub it works really well for me personally.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I quite like Friday evening games. To go to the ground, watch it on TV at home, or watch it at the pub it works really well for me personally.

I do but makes the rest of weekend feel a bit empty without a Villa game.

Great way to start the weekend if do win :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

I do but makes the rest of weekend feel a bit empty without a Villa game.

Great way to start the weekend if do win :D

Same with Fantasy Football.

If you captain a player playing on Friday and he doesn't do well the rest of your weekend is **** miserable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The Premier league have announced a hall of fame 

Fans vote

**** off

Sounds like a disaster.

Kind of related but I often think that we’re gradually morphing into the USA in most aspect and this is another example. 
How long before we see adverts telling us to ask our GP’s for a specific brand of antibiotics or antidepressants?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Surely if we band together with the Manure fans we can get Eric Djemba-Djemba inducted?

This is why it’s a bad idea in this age, it’ll just be internet campaigns for certain players.

• Like 1

Â