The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Premier League are now uncertain to accept the Newcastle takeover as new evidence shows Saudi Arabia are behind the illegal viewing of games

Human rights abuses and political murders are fine but piracy thats a big No

I’d love it if it collapsed, love it.

Adrian Rabiot and his mom is on strike (again) because he is not getting enough money. He is refusing to return to Italy because the club has cut his wages due to the Corona outbreak.

He went on strike at PSG a few years back because he didn't get as much money as he thought he should have.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Premier League are now uncertain to accept the Newcastle takeover as new evidence shows Saudi Arabia are behind the illegal viewing of games

Human rights abuses and political murders are fine but piracy thats a big No

Yeah but we all wish we had richer owners,  if it was is I would grab that deal with both stumps.

Nice of the fans to help their club out but ffs! Guess with the money going to charity it's a good thing but nah.

GERMAN FOOTBALL RETURNS…WITH 12,000 CARDBOARD CUTOUTS INSTEAD OF FANS

Germany’s top flight football league, the Bundesliga, will be returning this weekend behind closed doors.

Bundesliga team Borussia Monchengladbach has announced it will be placing 12,000 cardboard cutouts of fans in the seats of its home ground Borussia Park, to provide the illusion of fan engagement.

The Bundesliga is the first major European league to make a cautious return to play in light of the global coronavirus pandemic. One pre-requisite of the return was the playing of matches behind closed doors, with no more than 213 people in a stadium, including players and staff.

The cutouts come from a fan campaign called “Stay at home. Be in the stands.” Borussia fans paid €19.00 to install a cardboard version of themselves in the stadium stands, with all prceeds raised going to local charities.

Fans of opposing teams can even order a cardboard cutout to install in the ‘away’ end of Borussia Park, as these Borussia Dortmund fans did:

https://accessaa.co.uk/german-football-returnswith-12000-cardboard-cutouts-instead-of-fans/

Dele Alli was attacked and robbed at his Hertfordshire home the other day and while I'm glad he is safe, he had 3 watches taken worth £350k!

No wonder his form has slipped when you are that wealthy. Where is the motivation to improve? 

I hope covid-19 resets the football landscape. 

• Like 1

Research is going on at the moment whether goalkeepers have gotten bigger in recent times. If this research is proven they are going to recommend bigger goals 🙄😂

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Research is going on at the moment whether goalkeepers have gotten bigger in recent times. If this research is proven they are going to recommend bigger goals 🙄😂

Be interesting to see where Clive Baker would've plotted on that chart.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has goal scoring diminished, or what is the problem they're trying to solve?

Just now, AVTuco said:

Has goal scoring diminished, or what is the problem they're trying to solve?

Game is probably too boring for working Joe Americans so make the goals bigger and more balls will go in or something like that.

Wonder if there are still any plans to make the goals smaller in the womens game so that every shot above a meter and a half doesn't sail in? Probably not.

I've watched a lot of football on youtube over the last couple of months... mainly mid to late 80's and early 90's. The football I grew up on. Players seemed to have far more time on the ball back then. Nowadays the footballers are far better athletes. Fitter, bigger, stronger, faster, etc. I do think the technical side has dropped though across the board. Everything just seems so rushed now, almost as if the pitch isn't big enough! 

Maybe thats what they are angling at... bigger goals and maybe bigger pitches to compensate for the fact that footballers are probably twice as athletic as they used to be? 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

That would be the most stupid suggestion since people suggested making them smaller for women

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sne said:

Game is probably too boring for working Joe Americans so make the goals bigger and more balls will go in or something like that.

Wonder if there are still any plans to make the goals smaller in the womens game so that every shot above a meter and a half doesn't sail in? Probably not.

It’s on the same list as tighter shorts

• Haha 1

Mayby not quite games gone territory but Italian government gives permission for 1920s built San siro stadium to be demolished so a identikit bowl can be built in its place

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Mayby not quite games gone territory but Italian government gives permission for 1920s built San siro stadium to be demolished so a identikit bowl can be built in its place

A fantastic historical stadium that looks amazing from the outside, especially at night. But it is a bit of a dump on the inside so I fully get why they need a new stadium. The rebuild they did for the 1990 WC is 30 years ago now. God I'm old :mellow:

With the "roof" as it is it's also notoriously difficult to get the grass in good shape. Might have changed with new technology thou.

Also to be remembered for the Holy Vespa

The Holy Vespa GIF | Gfycat

Edited by sne

the san siro is structurally **** isn't it? like a number of old Italian stadiums, not sure if it was some ropey works for italia 90 or just old age, they will of course also be introducing top notch corporate facilities which is the new main thing

and the stadium design is down to 2 - https://www.nuovostadiomilano.com/en I think they look ok, the cathedral in particular, I think that's how new stadiums are going, use of light weight materials and glass taking natural light for the day and then using light pollution on the night, that to me is very modern

Edit - the wording from the Italian officials is harsh though! No problems with its demolition because it holds no cultural significance 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

On 22/05/2020 at 12:42, sne said:

Mohammed Bin Salman being allowed to buy Newcastle will forever be right up there with the biggest The Game's Gone things of all time.

I feel really quite profoundly depressed about it. Like, football just isn't that important.

Â