The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m sure @NurembergVillan would have a valuable insight on this...

It seems like a bit too much really. If you said 5 year deal, nearly £400k per week to wear their boots. I can’t believe that to be honest. He’s not even a top, top player and Puma are not a top, top sportswear brand.

Its 10 years 

And with his anti racsim stuff and the rumoured Jay z sports wear range I would say they're going after the states with him, which if you were then to say who is the best most marketable black player in the biggest league in the states I think it would be him, pogba would be up there but he's always linked with moving (and like I said puma sponsor city) 

I would expect sterling's off the field presence to grow in a way that to be fair not many of them do, can't think of many that are the face of anything, even Joe Harts head and shoulders advert was UK only Liverpools nivea advert the same (it Joachim Lowe here) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m sure @NurembergVillan would have a valuable insight on this...

It seems like a bit too much really. If you said 5 year deal, nearly £400k per week to wear their boots. I can’t believe that to be honest. He’s not even a top, top player and Puma are not a top, top sportswear brand.

It seems feasible to me. He's exactly the sort of athlete they'd go after, he's one of the star players in their main club, his off the field value is very high too.

He's scored 68 goals across the last 3 seasons, including this one, and is improving year-on-year.

In terms of Puma, they're the 3rd largest brand - Nike and Adidas are streets ahead of everyone, though. There's an appeal for some players, though, in that wearing Nike or Adi means you're very much in a pecking order. Ronaldo and Messi are already at the top and they've got an amazing stable of talent in every country.

If it's all true, Sterling will be the face of Puma which is great for him and he's a perfect match for them.

A 10-year deal at £200k per week. It's big league, but it's plausible and it makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

had a bit more of a read up on it, sounds like nike were offering to make him an incredibly well paid air Jordan athlete

where the game has gone is looking at his potential earnings, he signs this £100m 10 year deal, he then has 5 years remaining on his £15m a year city deal, de has a deal with EA sports, a deal with gilette worth "several million pounds" and a deal with pepsi

so lets guess that in the next 10 years he has a guaranteed earnings of £180m (that's not including his next football contract so its modest) 

trying to work out our entire team is complicated and difficult to find but its maybe around £25m a year, round it up to £30m for the safe side

Raheem sterling will earn £175m in the next 5 years...aston villa's squad will earn £150m

his boot deal will be around 4x the wages of our highest earner

Edited by villa4europe

And that's without his Instagram money that will likely skyrocket when he becomes high profile even for those who are not football fans.

C Ronaldo earned almost $50m from Instagram last year. Obviously Sterling won't reach those numbers anytime soon but still.

He currently has just below 7 million followers, Ronaldo has 216 million but I'm sure a high profile deal like this will help with those numbers.

Was it parry that negotiated the EFLs shite TV deal? 

And I'd be interested to see if the PLs answer is to absorb the championship, can remember the Bolton chairman's proposal being shot down but that was a bit daft anyway

I can't see the trickle down of money that's required happening if theres nothing in it for the PL

Edited by villa4europe

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The EFL is incredibly unstainable. Pretty mindblowing stat.

It stinks, said it in main thread. Parachute payments encourage lazy management and clubs should rightfully be punished from mismanagement previous Villa regimes included. Clubs going down will be more creative whether in contract negotiations or scouting.  Fans would appreciate players salaries more if was incentive based

Worst part is clubs give out these shit deals then come begging players for a pay cut when it goes to shit

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The EFL is incredibly unstainable. Pretty mindblowing stat.

Purslow said this on Talksport earlier, he said top to bottom of the EFL is unsustainable and Covid is exposing that it’s massively unsustainable.

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

Purslow said this on Talksport earlier, he said top to bottom of the EFL is unsustainable and Covid is exposing that it’s massively unsustainable.

Sure we were a prime example, our wage bill in the Championship was criminal especially for what we achieved in recent seasons. Not the only ones either Sunderland, Stoke, Boro, Derby, West Brom and blues under Arry. Even Bristol City spend more than they should be allowed

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sure we were a prime example, our wage bill in the Championship was criminal especially for what we achieved in recent seasons. Not the only ones either Sunderland, Stoke, Boro, Derby, West Brom and blues under Arry. Even Bristol City spend more than they should be allowed

Wasn't ours funded (partly) by parachute payments, which are still quite substantial?

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wasn't ours funded (partly) by parachute payments, which are still quite substantial?

yeah but my point was more the ridiculous wage bills for clubs in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah but my point was more the ridiculous wage bills for clubs in the league. 

Indeed. Bournemouth had a turnover of £10m and a £30m wage bill when they were promoted! Talk about gambling it all on promotion!

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Monchengladbach charging 19€ to put your cardboard cut out in the stands for the games behind closed doors 

Will make more noise than Small Heath fans tbf

• Haha 2

Anyone downloaded the app with crowd noises from home fans/ away fans that they are developing for people to use when watching the games from home :rolleyes: :crylaugh:

Premier League clubs consider using a German app to allow fans to send cheers or jeers from their sofas into stadiums while they watch behind-closed-doors matches at home on TV

Premier League clubs could offer an app to fans which would send virtual cheers or jeers from their homes to stadiums in under a second, in an attempt to generate an atmosphere for matches behind closed doors.

Sportsmail has learned that Liverpool, Manchester City and Arsenal have held talks this week with a German technology company who have developed an app which will offer supporters four choices for generating noise to be played in empty grounds.

The app also gives clubs the option of using different sound levels for home and away supporters, which could reduce some of the objections to the Premier League campaign being concluded at neutral venues by maintaining a semblance of home advantage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8290407/App-fans-send-cheers-jeers-sofas-stadiums.html

Premier League are now uncertain to accept the Newcastle takeover as new evidence shows Saudi Arabia are behind the illegal viewing of games

Human rights abuses and political murders are fine but piracy thats a big No

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â