The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

Hoeness at Bayern has said the virus will have a major impact on football finances going forward. He said transfer fees and wages will reduce drastically going forward. 

I agree with him completely 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hoeness at Bayern has said the virus will have a major impact on football finances going forward. He said transfer fees and wages will reduce drastically going forward. 

I think people in general will look less kindly on this flaunting your wealth on social media thing as well.

Players have earned their money so no issue there but sport stars, influencers and famous people might not get quite as many likes when showing up their sneakers collections, expensive watches, cars or shiny trinkets and baubles.  

1 hour ago, sne said:

I think people in general will look less kindly on this flaunting your wealth on social media thing as well.

Players have earned their money so no issue there but sport stars, influencers and famous people might not get quite as many likes when showing up their sneakers collections, expensive watches, cars or shiny trinkets and baubles.  

I think you are right.

I also think things will get back to 'normal' 4-6 weeks after the crisis is over.

no Champions League so UEFA need get some money from somewhere

Manchester City is appealing against a two-year UEFA ban from the Champions League, and now must pay a 3,000 euros ($3,300) fine for a uniform rules violations at its most recent game in the competition.

UEFA cited a rule governing the size of sponsor logos on warm-up jackets in announcing the “kit infringement” before City's 2-1 win at Real Madrid in February.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2020/03/31/uefa-imposes-fines-on-bayern-eintracht-manchester-city/111512132/

On 26/03/2020 at 06:51, Zatman said:

Imagine if you were a player mid-negotiation on a deal.

angry fuck me GIF

• 2 weeks later...

Bayern München are back in training and Kingsley Coman has been fined £50k for coming to practice in the wrong car.

His Audi had a broken side mirror so he used his McLaren instead but since Bayern had a contract with Audi all players must use Audi to games and training.

Aside from the fine he will also be forced to visit an Audi factory and sign some autographs for the workers there.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean I know footballers are rich but 50 grand for coming to training in the wrong car ONCE seems a bit extreme :D 

Makes you wonder how much on top of his lucrative basic salary Audi pay him to drive his free car

• Like 1

City have signed Kluiverth Aguilar but he wont join them until he is 18 next year. Its pretty much a for of human trafficking especially as City already know he wont get a work permit and will be loaning him out for 2 years

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

City have signed Kluiverth Aguilar but he wont join them until he is 18 next year. Its pretty much a for of human trafficking especially as City already know he wont get a work permit and will be loaning him out for 2 years

I’m not sure it’s quite the same as being kidnapped at knifepoint, smuggled into another country and plied with drink/drugs then forced to have sex with random men.

Unless the terms of this signing deviate from the usual of course........

• 2 weeks later...

Another one for game not gone... 

The US women's national teams case for equal pay has been thrown out, won't even go to court 

It turns out that between 2015-19 the women were paid more than the men but the main reason was that the agents of the women's teams and the men's teams agreed to the money as part of a collective bargaining agreement, judge said they can't agree it then retrospectively moan about it

About 3 years ago I seem to remember puma saying they were restructuring and cutting down on football, they still do dortmund because they own part of them, arsenal deal has ended but now they have the monster man City deal and I'm guessing this links in to that 

Says they're making him their global ambassador, I have that as him replacing Usain Bolt, he was £30m a year (largely based on bonuses and him winning) £10m a year and he's expected to do some sort of range with Jay z

In comparison Ronaldo gets 16m a year from Nike and messi 12m from Adidas so it does kind of add up 

I’m sure @NurembergVillan would have a valuable insight on this...

It seems like a bit too much really. If you said 5 year deal, nearly £400k per week to wear their boots. I can’t believe that to be honest. He’s not even a top, top player and Puma are not a top, top sportswear brand.

Edited by Genie

Â