Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

3 points for us is always welcome, that it would push us to 4th and cushion our place in the playoffs would be excellent

but

it would also keep them right down the bottom, one result away from the relegation zone

the city is ours

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Go on then :)

Boy we had a team then. Remember when our biggest problem was the signing of Marlon Harewood? 

John Carew is bigger than me and you and certainly bigger than BCFC. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So is anyone actually looking forward to this game? 

I'm not. I'd much rather they be a league below so we don't have to think of them. 

I’m hopeful for a win for tomorrow and if we get it I’ll be delighted. However if we never played them again after this season I wouldn’t be too disappointed.

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do you think it will be the same as last week or will Bruce pick Davis for some physicality? Thing is Onomah had a good game last week so it would be a bit harsh in dropping him, and he surely won't drop Kodja?

Not sure. I feel like we have to play 3 in the middle as we don't have the pace, so most likely Davis to come off the bench I think. 

It's harsh on Onomah after the last game but personally I'd go for Davis. It will inevitably be a way and I can't see them stringing 20/30 passes together through the phases to the point where we'll be outnumbered in CM. I think a psyched up Davis can have one of his worldy games and be the difference for us. 

A fresh Onomah may then be the way to go against Preston. Horses for courses and I think Davis power could cause them lots problems and open the space for others. I reckon Brucey will know that but he hates changing a winning team so I'd imagine Josh will get the nod. 

Edited by villaglint

That poxy little club only enters 3 competitions a season, beat us at home,  beat us away and stay up. I can’t stand them, I get depressed if they get a throw in. I’d hate them to go out of existence though. Despite only enjoying these games when they’re over and we’ve won or heaven forbid the grinding misery if we lose, they are a part of being a football fan. To be fair, over the years SHA have been the gift that keeps on giving. Who could forget the Barry Fry years, crosses on the flood lights and his 1000 player squad? Even the season of their League Cup victory they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of glory and get relegated. You couldn’t make it up. 

These games are only enjoyed in retrospect if we’ve won. The prospect of a great high or numbing low means I never sleep well the night before, which is why I’m on here at this ridiculous hour! Hopefully we will soon be a division above them and able to laugh from afar. We will always be in a different league. 

VTID. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

As I walked down to Villa Park one dark and dusty day,

I spied a poor old City fan running far away,

I said to that poor City fan, it looks like you must die, ‘Cuz you have seen the glory of … Holte Enders in the sky

Yippeeh aye aaaayyyy yippeeh aye ooohhhh, Holte Enders in the sky.

We chased him through the terraces, we chased him down the streets,

But little did that City fan know that death must be his fate,

‘Cuz Villa fans rule Birmingham and city fans know why,

‘Cuz they have seen the glory of…. Holte Enders in the sky

Yippeeh aye aaaaahhhh yippee aye oooohhhhh Holteenders in the sky”

• Like 1