Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

I have to admit, I hate this fixture.

We can't win as fans. If Villa win, small heath fans remain well hidden and make all the excuses in the world, god forbid we lose and the yappy dogs appear from everywhere rubbing it in. 

Fortunately I'm out of Birmingham now but there's still a nose working in the same office as me. Typically, he's says nothing to me about football unless we lose, regardless of their result - then you can't shut the f****er up! 

Can't wait for this to be over.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We really need to avoid defeat today not just for bragging rights but for the chase for promotion. We can't afford to drop points today then against Preston on Wednesday 

I've got a good feeling about today.forget the draw, we want 3 points. Just hope Bruce sees it like that. 

• Like 1

Finally we're in a position where we don't have to win every game to stay in contention. Today we have an extra bonus, since other fixtures have gone our way. Bruce should see this as an opportunity to play for the win and nothing else. Even a loss is not the end of the world (regarding league position).

A very good starting point for this match. Villa 2-0.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I have to admit, I hate this fixture.

We can't win as fans. If Villa win, small heath fans remain well hidden and make all the excuses in the world, god forbid we lose and the yappy dogs appear from everywhere rubbing it in. 

Fortunately I'm out of Birmingham now but there's still a nose working in the same office as me. Typically, he's says nothing to me about football unless we lose, regardless of their result - then you can't shut the f****er up! 

Can't wait for this to be over.

Just chin him. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Those clappers are going to be .....interesting!

Dr Seuss overload.

" As I looked out from the private box, surrounded by dappers with clappers, all I could see were chappers with clappers, slappers with clappers, fappers with clappers, and even snappers with clappers! I counted the chaps, fappers, snappers, and slappers, and there were nearly two thousand with clappers. ( Although thy were quite loud, it was still a small crowd) There would have been too many spaces, so many places with empty faces, unless they could find some filler. " Oh, thank goodness!" the piggies squealed with delight. Here come the people from Villa, so they should be our stadium's filler.  At least their team knows how to put up a fight. Bugger this. Bargain Hunt's on. Lets call it a night.

• Like 3

I'd like to see us really take the game to them today. Thought we were very passive in both games last season. Take the game to them from the off,  don't care that it's their place. Sheffield Utd didn't give a flying **** about playing at Elland road the other night. Went right at them. Won the game and should of done so by more than a goal.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t want to just beat them today, I want us to smash them.

The sort of result that is like a rugby player pushing an opponents face into the mud as he gets up.

Exactly how I feel and how I think we should approach the game. Be aggressive and proper give it to them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If it wasn’t for the stupid hour going back, the team sheet would be out by now and we’d be an hour closer to football :( bloody farmers.

No doubt us villa fans will get the blame as we are all from the shires. Come to think of it, I need to milk the cows and take the lame ducks to shit before the game starts. 

• Like 1