Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

To me this is one of those games which is all about game management, First 15-20 all blood and thunder with the Home fans really backing them, to me get past this goalless and I’m hoping the quality we have will tell 

We should be steamrolling poor teams like this, but as it’s a derby. I’m just hoping the Likes of Terry Chester and Whelhan keep the heads calm and if we do go 1 down we don’t buckle 

This is where we need the likes of Kodja and Adomah not to bottle it even though they are going to go in hard on them 

They will come out all guns blazing. I expect jota Adams and vassell to all start. Our players have to be ready for the atmosphere at the sty. If we can score early to silence the crowd be good. If we concede early it won't end well.

3 hours ago, avfc456 said:

To me this is one of those games which is all about game management, First 15-20 all blood and thunder with the Home fans really backing them, to me get past this goalless and I’m hoping the quality we have will tell 

Well it hasn't shown so far.

Edited by AshVilla

This is the most confident I have felt playing the blues in a long time. They are in terrible form, and they are very slow at the back. 

I'd like to see us stick with the same team that played Fulham. Bring grealish and Gabby on because you know they will be ready to play in this one. 

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

This is the most confident I have felt playing the blues in a long time. They are in terrible form, and they are very slow at the back. 

I'd like to see us stick with the same team that played Fulham. Bring grealish and Gabby on because you know they will be ready to play in this one. 

Away from home yes but home they are strong. Won't be a walk in the park at all. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You mean apart from the 5 wins in the last 6 games?

I wasnt questioning the results I was questioning the quality of our play.

In those 5 games for the majority of them we have not shown much of it and grinded out results take Bolton and Fulham for example. Even those games where we won 2 or 3 nil I wouldn't say we were the better footballing side overall with possibly the exception of Burton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

In those 5 games for the majority of them we have not shown much of it and grinded out results take Bolton and Fulham for example. Even those games where we won 2 or 3 nil I wouldn't say we were the better footballing side overall with possibly the exception of Burton.

How very vague.

I'd say we've been the better side in most or all of those games.

We were certainly the better side vs Fulham.

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Can we keep this to the bruce bashing thread please. :D

I think even if we had been grinding out results, it shows progress. Last year we'd have lost those games. Also, like the Fulham game, we've gone on to win games this year after we've let the opponent score. Heads would have dropped last year and we'd have either drew or lost. Anyway, I hope as others have said and the occasion doesn't get to the players. I've watched the blues a few times this season and they are truly terrible, especially against Millwall, the Cardiff game has been their only decent performance. Millwalls left winger had an absolute field day again and again last week, they had no cover for the LB, and the LB was just beaten every time 1vs1. Hopefully Adomah can exploit that, especially given the form he's in. 3 points there really sets us up nicely for Preston.

• Like 1