Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

Them lot that actually live in Birmingham are really not at all confident about facing our lot from the shires.

I think they fear the worse.

Trying to keep the optimism in check but I think we should go for the win, I don't think there is the fight in this side you would normally expect.

3 hours ago, avfc456 said:

They sold out their reduced capacity yet?!

Have they hell! 24k is all they have to shift for a home sell out (with their reduced capacity) and they still can’t manage it. 

Pathetic support from a pathetic club. 

Got to be 4 4 2 again. No reverting to odd formations.

Go on the attack from the off and just keep playing a higher line. 

We have a few wise heads in the team who should keep players like Hutton in check.

Whelan Terry Snodgrass Elmo should all put in controlled games and keep an eye on others. It doesn't show passion getting silly bookings or sending off, it shows lack of control and this season so far we are a clear level above them so let the football do the talking and hit them for 3 or 4

• Like 1

Arguably one of the worst Birmingham sides Villa have faced in recent times so no excuses for sitting back and playing on the break but I feel Bruce will do exactly that.

Irrespective of how Villa set up I still think Villa will win comfortably but it would be great to see Villa paying the opposition less respect and putting Birmingham to the sword.

16 minutes ago, striker said:

Arguably one of the worst Birmingham sides Villa have faced in recent times so no excuses for sitting back and playing on the break but I feel Bruce will do exactly that.

Irrespective of how Villa set up I still think Villa will win comfortably but it would be great to see Villa paying the opposition less respect and putting Birmingham to the sword.

Yes i agree. Blose will take the game to us but we should take it to them from the start and not give them any opportunity to do so.

Bruce will play 4-5-1 in this one as cant see bruce dropping onomah after his performance vs fulham. I do worry that onomah or davis could lose their heads in this one.  Gotta ensure they are instructed to not fall for the blosers tricks as we know they will try an attempt to win and get a player sent off

3 hours ago, striker said:

Here ,here .

I don't think I have been this confident about a Derby since the days of Mcleish tbfh. I think we will go 4-4-2 and absolutely run riot. Indeed it's a Derby, players raise their games, form goes out the window but I think you only need to look at the experienced heads we have got to realise they won't be phased.

It's not like last year when he had a midfield 2 of Gardner and Westwood. We have players who have been there, done it. They will thrive on this.

• Like 1

Would love us to go with 

GK Johnstone

RB Elmo

CB Chester

CB Terry (c)

LB Hutton

RM Snodgrass

CM Hourihane

CM Whelan

LM Adomah

ST Davis

ST Kodjia

I think, however, Bruce will go with one up front and pack the midfield to try and win the battle there.

On 25 October 2017 at 19:49, avfc1982 said:

Have they hell! 24k is all they have to shift for a home sell out (with their reduced capacity) and they still can’t manage it. 

Pathetic support from a pathetic club. 

They haven't even opened their half of the upper tier yet apparently. 

All the usual old myths are out, they're all dead hard, working class and hard as ****. Were all tories who play with balloons and are shit scared of going there. We begged for a lock-in and if it wasn't for that they'd bash us all back to Aston. Seem to be forgetting in the days before our lock ins they stood behind the police vans mouthing and did nothing else down the hill. And that their supporters club asked for a lock in at VP but they couldn't have one because our ground isn't laid out suitably for that, which is why they ended up with their own special trains, their own train station and barriers protecting them from said posh tories.

They're full of shit. Saying the police are basically stopping them selling out, the club have made it too difficult, not worth the hassle etc. In reality the police have stopped it from being a complete and utter embarrassment for them.

Edited by alexpayne
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, alexpayne said:

They haven't even opened their half of the upper tier yet apparently. 

All the usual old myths are out, they're all dead hard, working class and hard as ****. Were all tories who play with balloons and are shit scared of going there. We begged for a lock-in and if it wasn't for that they'd bash us all back to Aston. Seem to be forgetting in the days before our lock ins they stood behind the police vans mouthing and did nothing else down the hill. And that they're supporters club asked for a lock in at VP but they couldn't have one because our ground isn't laid out suitably for that, which is why they ended up with their own special trains, their own train station and barriers protecting them from said posh tories.

They're full of shit. Saying the police are basically stopping them selling out, the club have made it too difficult, not worth the hassle etc. In reality the police have stopped it from being a complete and utter embarrassment for them.

Yep, all the myths are coming out. Most of their lot came by coach last season. 19 coaches made their way to VP if I remember right. Villa won't be in town, villa won't sell out, villa will shit themselves,villa want to be locked in,blah blah blah. They live in fairy land with some of the shit they come out with. Hopefully we wipe the floor with the clearings in the woods. 

• Like 2