Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

21 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

They really should just go bust, wound up and disguarded forever.

I hate this game simply because it‘s not a „sporting event“.

They really are the Sc** of the earth. I wouldn‘t mind but they also represent my hometown of Birmingham. Simply a disgrace to the City.

The only time I give them any sense of importance, is when we play them ,aside from that ,it's pure indifference. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Why is no one writing about this? The game is tomorrow and we are only up to 5 pages, I would expect it to be way more. 

Anyway my personal opinion is I would prefer to never have these games. They are absolutely no win for us.  All that can happen is it goes wrong for us. 

We smash them...... It's expected and what should happen. 

We struggle to beat them and we have failed because we should  be able to smash them. 

If we draw we have failed because we should  be able to smash them. 

We lose, it's a humiliation. 

There is no way we can win. 

Therefore I hope we smash them into next week as we are expected to do. 

There will be no praise for Aston Villa FC in that but I will feel all the better for it. 

Similarly I will take a nervy 1 nil victory to us again the club will get nothing but criticism but I will feel better for it.

So this is one for the fans, not one for the club. 

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

If the game actually was tomorrow there would be more pages. It's not though, its on Sunday ;)

Hah. Yes I just spotted that before I came back here to see your response. 

Hate Sunday games. 

I'd like us to play Davis, even though we played well last week without him. Remember this fixture almost a year ago where Kodjia was incredibly isolated. Get Davis to hold up the ball, let's set up camp around their penalty box and we should beat them easily. 

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why is no one writing about this? The game is tomorrow and we are only up to 5 pages, I would expect it to be way more. 

Anyway my personal opinion is I would prefer to never have these games. They are absolutely no win for us.  All that can happen is it goes wrong for us. 

We struggle to beat them and we have failed because we should  be able to smash them. 

There will be no praise for Aston Villa FC in that but I will feel all the better for it. 

Similarly I will take a nervy 1 nil victory to us again the club will get nothing but criticism but I will feel better for it.

I loved this fixture as a kid . The memories of those games as never left me ,the intensity and atmosphere of a packed out Villa Park, an Holte - End with 28,000 ,manic Villans ,roaring us on to victory ( most of the time ) . Nothing beats the vibe of those games ,it may feel a little different these days, but then ,unfortunately, I'm not a kid anymore. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

We're not Premier League Aston Villa, we're Championship Aston Villa, battling for play-offs playing another Championship club. We're playing away from home, it's not expected that we smash them

And anyway, I do not care whether anyone thinks its expected of us. A win over them is fantastic, its our biggest rival and it means everything to me, regardless of whats expected.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, alexpayne said:

We're not Premier League Aston Villa, we're Championship Aston Villa, battling for play-offs playing another Championship club. We're playing away from home, it's not expected that we smash them

And anyway, I do not care whether anyone thinks its expected of us. A win over them is fantastic, its our biggest rival and it means everything to me, regardless of whats expected.

I think I made it clear that I want us to beat them for my own enjoyment. 

We may not be premier league Aston Villa but we are expected to beat them easily. We are 5th and on a decent run with only a waiver against the top team. They are awful. 

I dislike their little tin pot team so much! If I’m honest though it is their cup final and I think they will put up a fight, although as others have said their team hasn’t got the players or the fight it once had.

I think this will be another three points on our way to promotion this year, but I don’t think it’ll be easy. Something like a scrappy 0-1 but I would take that if offered now. 3 points is important to us, and embarrassing them would be great, but 3 points are even more crucial to them down there, and trying to embarrass us is all they have!

7 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

Just seen a picture online of their clappers which say ‘our city is blue’ 

so much for that tilton road roar that they tell us about when they need clappers for a derby 

I creased with laughter when I saw these, anybody notice how there's an extra fold in them so they can be held with one hand/six fingers?

2 hours ago, avfc456 said:

Just seen a picture online of their clappers which say ‘our city is blue’ 

Ludicrous statement to make anyway. I get the train home from Moor Street and get a fantastic view of our city from the top of the viaduct.  

Our city I can confirm is mostly cream, grey, brown and black. Bits if yellowy here and there. 

I can say with 100% certainty that our City has hardly any blue anywhere, which surely explains why they can't sell their ticket allocation. 

Edited by sidcow

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why is no one writing about this? The game is tomorrow and we are only up to 6 pages, I would expect it to be way more. :P

I’ve looked for the ratings and reactions thread for yesterday’s SHA game but that’s not there either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2