Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

They really should just go bust, wound up and disguarded forever.

I hate this game simply because it‘s not a „sporting event“.

They really are the Sc** of the earth. I wouldn‘t mind but they also represent my hometown of Birmingham. Simply a disgrace to the City.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

at best i'd be polite and say the city is 50/50...what they cant understand is that villa then have the shires as well 15m down the road in kiddy i'm of the opinion there are more utd and liverpool fans here than blues

as for the game, expecting it to be absolutely awful scrappy game with very little footballing quality, low score, probably 1-1, other than the obvious 5-1 game i'm struggling to think of many of these games where regardless of the score / result i've considered it a good game of football

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They really need tp start showing thw games at villa park more. Bigger and better stadium. More chance of a sellout and better atmsophere.

The games at the sty are usually drab affairs followed by empty seats

And thrown seats? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I want to see the same team and formation as the Fulham game. We'll beat them if we line up like that.

Yeah, they will no doubt put 5 in midfield, it would be silly for us to go with 4.

Keep it the same, let Adomah, Kodj and Snodders play with freedom. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah, they will no doubt put 5 in midfield, it would be silly for us to go with 4.

Keep it the same, let Adomah, Kodj and Snodders play with freedom. 

I just get concerned when we play big kodj alone as he usually gets double teamed and frustrated. For this to work onomah and hourihane have to get  forward to help out.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I just get concerned when we play big kodj alone as he usually gets double teamed and frustrated. For this to work onomah and hourihane have to get  forward to help out.

Yeah when we have the ball I see no reason why they both can't get forward too and help out. I'd like Onomah to have a similar role as he did against Fulham. 

Part of me thinks Davis would be a better option, but we're a better team with Kodj in than without. The fact that Kodj will be getting doubled up on will leave space elsewhere for Adomah, Onomah and Snodgrass to move into. 

Edited by PieFacE

When we have the ball it's a 4-3-3 with Adomah and Snodgrass attacking from wide.

I actually think it's a more attacking formation than our 4-4-2.

People will get blinded by the fact the latter has two strikers. That doesn't make it more attacking.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah when we have the ball I see no reason why they both can't get forward too and help out. I'd like Onomah to have a similar role as he did against Fulham. 

Part of me thinks Davis would be a better option, but we're a better team with Kodj in than without. The fact that Kodj will be getting doubled up on will leave space elsewhere for Adomah, Onomah and Snodgrass to move into. 

I think davis is better as a starter than a sub. He has minimal impact when used as a sub. Its a tough one. But i think we will probably have to start as 4-5-1/4-3-3 as we will get over run in midfield as we know the blosers will play 5 in midfield and try use their pacw in vassell and jota to exploit our defence.

The danger for them is though they forget we have a lot of pace and danger on the counter too

Edited by Demitri_C

I'd play

Johnston

Hutton---Terry---Chester

Elmohamady---Onomah---Hourihane---Adomah

Snodgrass

Kodija---Davis

Give Grealish the last twenty minutes off the bench if he's ready to give us a lift. Maybe give Whelan the end of the game to come on and keep things tidy but there's a good chance he'll start in Bruce's side.

If we play positively and focus on keeping and winning the ball in midfield, we shall hopefully win comfortably.

I shall say 4-0 Villa :flag:

Image result for I can't wait gif

Edited by 8pints

34 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Getting in the mood. 1:01 look at the away end. Absolute f**king scenes.

That was posaibly the best feeling ive ever had when that went in!!! What a day and night before. In town until 6am, back home, shower, back out again for the game by 8am lol 

45 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Getting in the mood. 1:01 look at the away end. Absolute f**king scenes.

The commentator sounds like he is about to cry when gabby scores. Let's hope for another game like this for us. Should have been 2-0 flattering score line for them