Pre match thread

roonst83

I think the ideal would be a terrible Villa performance, with Boro hitting the woodwork several times, Johnstone scrambling away all their chances, and then Villa scraping a totally undeserved 1-0 with a late and clearly offside goal. We get the points, and Dr. T gets the point. 

• Like 1

I can see a dull, turgid game coming up where neither side will be focused on winning, and just not losing. 

I have a Boro supporting friend up in Stockton who says Monk has been fairly conservative and defensive away from home, barring the spanking of Bolton at the weekend. 

A win for us tonight and it'll be massive with the September fixtures looking kind on paper. 

2 hours ago, mwj said:

AVTV page seems to be setup like its going to be shown:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/Fixtures/2010 to 2019/2017-2018/English Football League - Championship/Aston Villa vs Middlesbrough?MatchDetails=1

But I thought they didn't show cup competitions?

It's not the cup.

Cup game is next week.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, R1chuk said:

I am working abroad for the next 2 matches and I wanted to pay to watch on AVTV. Does anyone know if you can do this if your account is registered in the UK and you allowed to pay to watch the match with a UK Credit Card?

Yes you can. I have been watching games this way. 

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I can see a dull, turgid game coming up where neither side will be focused on winning, and just not losing. 

I have a Boro supporting friend up in Stockton who says Monk has been fairly conservative and defensive away from home, barring the spanking of Bolton at the weekend. 

A win for us tonight and it'll be massive with the September fixtures looking kind on paper. 

Can't see Monk setting Boro up conservatively tonight. He will know Bruce is under pressure with the fans ready to turn so Monk will go for the throat.