Pre match thread

roonst83

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Wait this is a league game??? I thought this was the cup!

Not just me then :blush: I literally realised about 5 minutes ago that the cup game is next week and this is the league.  Oopsie daisy :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Not just me then :blush: I literally realised about 5 minutes ago that the cup game is next week and this is the league.  Oopsie daisy :)

I am glad I am not alone here. That is why I posted such a strange XI on the first page. I thought this was the cup match! I guess I have to get my AVTV subscription going again now. 

Bruce criticised the young players (he blamed himself for picking them because they were jaded) and he's mentioned that this game needs experience. I expect to see Jedinak, Agbonlahor and Hutton in the starting eleven. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if both Whelan and Jedinak play in front of the defence. That will be a six man defence at home.

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Bruce criticised the young players (he blamed himself for picking them because they were jaded) and he's mentioned that this game needs experience. I expect to see Jedinak, Agbonlahor and Hutton in the starting eleven. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if both Whelan and Jedinak play in front of the defence. That will be a six man defence at home.

If Gabby starts I'll be watching Bake Off

• Like 1

0-0 I reckon, and I've reconsidered and I think a point would be just enough for the board to stick with him for the Barnsley game. The point will be considered as valuable as the Newcastle draw under RDM last season, so will give him a bit more time.

We'll make a handful of changes at least. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jedinak and Lansbury come in for Whelan and Onamah, Hutton for Bree, Gabby for Green, Hogan for Davis and possibly Snodgrass for Elmo.

Hoping we can grab a win in what look like being dire conditions otherwise the walk back to the car will be even more unpleasant.

I think given the injuries we have, we might go for a Christmas tree formation of sorts tonight.  Hourihane gives us the flexibility here to play slightly deeper than Snodgrass and switch to a 4-4-1 if needed.

Green is out and I think Bruce will have promised Birkir game time on the left this season. He's not impressed me one bit so far  but maybe his work ethic will be good to have on that side against Adama. There again he could quite easily get sent off within  half an hour with a few clumsy challenges, who knows.

Sadly I think that whilst I've put Bree in there, Bruce will go with Hutton tonight.

------------------ Hogan -----------------

----- Hourihane -- Snodgrass ---

---- Birkir --- Whelan -- Elmo -----

Taylor -- Terry -- Chester -- Bree

• Like 1

Would like

SJ

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Jedi/Whelan

Adomah Snodgrass Hourihane

McC

Hogan

But I think we see

SJ

Hutton Chester Terry Taylor

Whelan Jedi

Elmo Snodgrass Thor

Gabby

This is probably our hardest home game of the year... I would go

Johnstone

De Laet   Terry   Chester   Taylor 

Snodgrass  Hourihane  Jedinak  Adomah

Davis     Hogan

... but I think we'll lose, 0-2.

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This is probably our hardest home game of the year... I would go

Johnstone

De Laet   Terry   Chester   Taylor 

Snodgrass  Hourihane  Jedinak  Adomah

Davis     Hogan

... but I think we'll lose, 0-2.

Jedinak cannot play in a two, he isn't mobile enough. It's been tried before and was a disaster. Hourihane can't play in a two either, he just doesn't do enough.