Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

I think we should keep rolling out the extremely negative quote(s) from the West Ham board to remind everyone what West Ham think of Snoddy. Hopefully Snoddy won't forget what was said, especially if West Ham back-track on their previous stance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

A bit of a talisman too....he is clearly popular with his team mates and very focused on the winning run.

The euphoria when he scored.....haven't seen that in team for years.

That will be a very important goal I reckon.

The celebration last night when he scored is one of those moments when you start to believe we can actually do this can’t we.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That was some goal. The technique alone, them Hammers must be scratching their heads in disbelief. 

As paul weller would say......thats entertainment.:D

1 hour ago, Gillz said:

Lost my voice screaming at the goal. Absolute class!

A real season defining moment hopefully.

It’s one of those goals you remember for years to come - bit like the Ashley young last minute winner at Everton - a great time  to score too ;)

8 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think it would be mad not to keep Snodgrass if we can.

Agree completely. 31 isn't the end of a career, and it's not like he was ever reliant on pace. 

I was so so wrong about this guy, and it's absolutely fantastic. 

Astonished at the amount of people having to 'eat humble pie'. Not just in here, I met a bloke in the Premier Inn bar last night who said the same. 

Sure, at one point I thought he should have been dropped for O'Hare, but did you really think he was that bad? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Astonished at the amount of people having to 'eat humble pie'. Not just in here, I met a bloke in the Premier Inn bar last night who said the same. 

Sure, at one point I thought he should have been dropped for O'Hare, but did you really think he was that bad? 

I was against signing him in the first place (I believe if you go back to the start of the thread you can find a very embarrassing post where I said I was 'devastated' to be signing him). The basis for that was that I didn't want to sell Adomah, which seemed to be on the cards at the time, and I thought we were overstocking right wingers and light on the left, and I was put out of joint by him declaring that he would only play on the right, which I felt was unreasonably arrogant and demanding. However, Green's injury turned out to be fortuitous, Adomah turned out to be less assisty but more goaly on the left, Elmo proved to be okay at right back instead of right wing or wing back, and we had a good September/October period. I was never quite as down on him as others on the forum before Christmas, because once I'd actually started to see him play regularly I could see he just has that match-winning mentality. 

Basically I'm talking a load of old shite half the time. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was against signing him in the first place (I believe if you go back to the start of the thread you can find a very embarrassing post where I said I was 'devastated' to be signing him). The basis for that was that I didn't want to sell Adomah, which seemed to be on the cards at the time, and I thought we were overstocking right wingers and light on the left, and I was put out of joint by him declaring that he would only play on the right, which I felt was unreasonably arrogant and demanding. However, Green's injury turned out to be fortuitous, Adomah turned out to be less assisty but more goaly on the left, Elmo proved to be okay at right back instead of right wing or wing back, and we had a good September/October period. I was never quite as down on him as others on the forum before Christmas, because once I'd actually started to see him play regularly I could see he just has that match-winning mentality. 

Basically I'm talking a load of old shite half the time. 

I always defer to your signature. 

I think I said right back at the start that I couldn't see the point and to be honest in his first 3/4 games I wasn't convinced, though I didn't see the Boro game. Then he had that period playing with a broken rib and that's when it clicked into place for me - he was absolutely fuming at being subbed off and like you I then knew it for a fact, this guy is a winner. 

Since then he has only gone more than 1 game without a goal or assist once. Surely player of the month for January? 

Â