• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

Dean Smith for me. I've only seen Brentford play live against us last season when they destroyed us but have been looking at stats from the first 3 games of the season and they average 19 shots per game and are 3rd for possession in the league. I'd like to see him given a shot as he sets up to outplay teams and would know how to use Hogan. It would be a bonus if he could bring his mate Jota

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Dean Smith for me. I've only seen Brentford play live against us last season when they destroyed us but have been looking at stats from the first 3 games of the season and they average 19 shots per game and are 3rd for possession in the league. I'd like to see him given a shot as he sets up to outplay teams and would know how to use Hogan. It would be a bonus if he could bring his mate Jota

Image result for dean smith brentford

He could bring the rest of Scott Hogan with him too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bunnski said:

His signings £1.5mil each for Ollie Watkins (Exeter) and Neal Maupay (St Etienne) have been very good as well! Both have taken to Championship so well and think both have 2 in 3 games.

Edited by Villan4Life

4 hours ago, Bunnski said:

100% agree. Look at last nights game as an example. They were unlucky to go in 1-0 down with 65% of the possession. Then a positive team talk at half-time (What's one of those Steve?) and they come out and core two goals (When was the last time we scored two?). Bristol got an equalizer in the 98th minute, but that happens sometimes.

Brentford are an exciting team to watch. Sack the Dinosaur and bring in Deano.

Does Dean smith have the required background and coaching skills to manage the Villa? Apart from the highest UEFA Pro coaching qualification, he also spent time coachng at the Nike academy before taking the Walsall job:

https://www.facebook.com/nikefootball/videos/1187933092361

Becoming the complete player means nailing the four Rs – Receiving the ball, Releasing the ball, Retaining the ball and Running with the ball.

Watch Nike Academy coach, Dean Smith, run his players through the essential drills as they continue their progress.

I know its only 3 games... but I think its fair to say that'll we'll remain in this division for next season

with that in mind, why not try something left field and bring in someone like Michael Reiziger or Aron Winter who have both had spells coaching in the Ajax system and try bring that football philosophy here.   We need to build the team from bottom up as the throw money at it approach has failed us miserably

47 minutes ago, Skills said:

I know its only 3 games... but I think its fair to say that'll we'll remain in this division for next season

with that in mind, why not try something left field and bring in someone like Michael Reiziger or Aron Winter who have both had spells coaching in the Ajax system and try bring that football philosophy here.   We need to build the team from bottom up as the throw money at it approach has failed us miserably

Aaron Winter, completely forgot about him, not a bad shout.

2 hours ago, Skills said:

100% agree, we need to slow it down, bring the youth in and start playing the beautiful game like everyone else has been for blumin ages. Doesn't matter if it takes 2 seasons, we need to be resilient if we ever go up and I'm not sure rebuilding the entire team on promotion is the way forward, we need a philosophy into which we can plug in the same sorts of player but who are just better quality, when the time comes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image result for dean smith brentford

He could bring the rest of Scott Hogan with him too.

That's actually a really good point. Getting Hogan scoring would be a huge boost. Dean Smith obviously knows how to use him.

I think we missed out with Maradona.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Finally I get to re-use my "Aaron Winter is coming" pun from a few seasons ago:hooray:

He made a right mess of things at Toronto but that was 5 years ago. I don't think I'd give it to someone as inexperienced as him though tbf. 

I've seen many Walsall games since 2010 so saw a lot of Dean Smith games.

He is a good manager who certainly plays football. He dosen't really have a plan B though, will just keep passing it around the back when a more direct approach is required to get a goal.

Walsall have good seasons under him but also long winless runs when fans were crying out for a change of tactic.

My first choice would probably be someone like Mark Warburton. Proven in this division (play offs with Brentford), thinks outside the box and surely he's gettable from Forest?

11 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

This is the kind of thing we need, to unearth our own managerial gem. Not saying Mellberg is the man, but if he, or someone of that ilk was given the job, then I'd be right behind him.

Right so put everything on black is your suggestion? You say it likes its easy. "Oh we just find our own unknown great manager". If we employ a non-entity and we havent won 7 out of first 10 games he will be set upon, hounded out and the board be called a bunch of clowns.

I'm not saying I have the answer but we need to someone proven. I realise Bruce was to an extent but just because he is a complete joke it doesnt mean the next person will. Cherry picking unknown success stories is embarrassing. We need experience, plain and simple.

Edited by R.Bear

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He is a good manager who certainly plays football. He dosen't really have a plan B though, will just keep passing it around the back when a more direct approach is required to get a goal.

Walsall have good seasons under him but also long winless runs when fans were crying out for a change of tactic.

My first choice would probably be someone like Mark Warburton. Proven in this division (play offs with Brentford), thinks outside the box and surely he's gettable from Forest?

How was hat first trip to Wembley under Dean Smith with no budget?

He nullified Bruce after 15 minutes when Brentford played us and then they battered us.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Warburton is on a 2 and half year deal so we would have to pay Forest 2 years compensation cant see us doing that. But I would love Warburton he is a great manager 

7 hours ago, villakram said:

Just give Terry the damn job and let's see what happens. Every extra game are points thrown away with this fool.

Hope you walk on some lego Brucey!

I wouldn't..

Players would only be training 2 days a week cause this guy will still be Ice bathing at Chelsea...apparently.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Warburton is on a 2 and half year deal so we would have to pay Forest 2 years compensation cant see us doing that. But I would love Warburton he is a great manager 

No.

He is too much of a 'nice guy'.

We need RAFA BENITHEZ.