• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

I actually think the manager who leads us out of this division will be one that we all groan about on appointment. ! 

Some pretty crap managers have gotten out of this division, which makes me think the issue runs deeper than the manager. 

33 minutes ago, hippo said:

I actually think the manager who leads us out of this division will be one that we all groan about on appointment. ! 

Some pretty crap managers have gotten out of this division, which makes me think the issue runs deeper than the manager. 

plenty of groans about Bruce being an inevitable "safe" choice to do the job. 

Bugger experience, I want someone sub 40 with fresh ideas, and no baggage from other clubs. He can come from the Benin league for all I care

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Michael O'Neill (N. Ireland manager) might be an interesting candidate.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Chris Coleman seems to be doing a good job at Wales wonder if we will look at him 

Given the nature of international football and the fact that these guys have limited options to make the best team, maybe not bad shouts either of them? 

1 hour ago, VERB27 said:

Jokanovic on sky sports explaining he has no say in signing players.

We need a manager who is happy for this to be the case in the short term. 

The scope is: get the best out of the team we've got. Prove yourself on that front and then we can talk about your players.

Essentially, prove your worth. 

Indeed - could be lured surely. Get us up and you get to pick the players we sign. Stepping on the toes of Round though surely? 

That list though, is one of the most depressing things I have ever read... 

• Like 1

Chris Coleman seems to be doing a good job at Wales wonder if we will look at him 

I hope not. I don't like his aggressive attitude although it might be what some of our players need.

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Given the nature of international football and the fact that these guys have limited options to make the best team, maybe not bad shouts either of them? 

Indeed - could be lured surely. Get us up and you get to pick the players we sign. Stepping on the toes of Round though surely? 

That list though, is one of the most depressing things I have ever read... 

That can only be a good thing ! - But really I think people are overstating the significance of Round. He isn't involved in first team issues at all - so would be surprised if he recommended any of the players we have signed. Bruce wanted experienced pro's he went and got them. Beyond a bit a bit of advisory guidance about injury management, nutrition, and basic coaching techniques I don't see Round involved at all. He really isn't a senior figure at the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

That can only be a good thing ! - But really I think people are overstating the significance of Round. He isn't involved in first team issues at all - so would be surprised if he recommended any of the players we have signed. Bruce wanted experienced pro's he went and got them. Beyond a bit a bit of advisory guidance about injury management, nutrition, and basic coaching techniques I don't see Round involved at all. He really isn't a senior figure at the club.

Was more thinking out loud - I am still confused as to what his role is?

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

That can only be a good thing ! - But really I think people are overstating the significance of Round. He isn't involved in first team issues at all - so would be surprised if he recommended any of the players we have signed.

According to various mail articles Round oversees every dept at the club other than first team issues - he heads up the scouting department too so in effect he's very senior on targets - I doubt he's forced anyone on Bruce but he's certainly got a lot of sway on who comes in. Good, any new guy won't be rebuilding the entire squad.

5 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Was more thinking out loud - I am still confused as to what his role is?

Seems to have fallen on his feet with wyness here - only a couple of months earlier he was being interviewed to be garde s assistant at bodymoor - has he the credentials to do the job he's in as it seems it's his first time in a role of such responsibility .

Did a shit job at Coventry in his last club job - he is lucky to have one of the worlds star players in his welsh team . 

2 hours ago, VERB27 said:

Jokanovic on sky sports explaining he has no say in signing players.

We need a manager who is happy for this to be the case in the short term. 

The scope is: get the best out of the team we've got. Prove yourself on that front and then we can talk about your players.

Essentially, prove your worth. 

He's the man for the job !

• Like 1

Has to be Mike Basset for me should Bruce go... keeps its simple, gets the best out of troubled players such as Tonka and is great man manager .. also lets not forget he took Norwich to a cup final and England to the semi finals of the World Cup in Brazil 

1 minute ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Has to be Mike Basset for me should Bruce go... keeps its simple, gets the best out of troubled players such as Tonka and is great man manager .. also lets not forget he took Norwich to a cup final and England to the semi finals of the World Cup in Brazil 

Was that before or after he did brookside ;) 

48 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I suspect if Bruce does go they will go for Moyes due to the Wyness/Round connection and the fact he is out of a job and is in a career downward spiral.  I don't think it would change the situation much either.

Looked a broken man at Sunderland - we need a man on the up !