• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

52 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Stop saying Mellberg ffs. Solskjaer did a lot more and was a colossal failure. Embarrassing ourselves.

I bet Huddersfield fans weren't moaning when Wagner was appointed and the majority hadn't heard of him. This is the kind of thing we need, to unearth our own managerial gem. Not saying Mellberg is the man, but if he, or someone of that ilk was given the job, then I'd be right behind him.

• Like 3

Allardyce? Pardew? Jesus Christ.

If we appoint one of them I'm not dedicating another ounce of my energy to Villa this season.

Without a doubt we will be in the same position next year asking who should be the next manager.

Benitez. Karanka. Jokanovic. Carvahal. Stam. The wolves guy (although early days). Wagner. All recent foreign success stories with a clear vision of how they want to play football and implementing it.

Forget the English dinosaurs and go foreign Tony. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I bet Huddersfield fans weren't moaning when Wagner was appointed and the majority hadn't heard of him. This is the kind of thing we need, to unearth our own managerial gem. Not saying Mellberg is the man, but if he, or someone of that ilk was given the job, then I'd be right behind him.

Last time we did that was John Gregory.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just no. But that is the best GIF in the world ever. I can happily watch it for hours and seeing it just now has brought a small ray of sunshine into a dark day so thank you. 

Love it too mate, so funny. I don't think i would seriously want him, but just pisses me off that we spend shit loads and some people can get teams results with no cash. Look at they guy at Wolves, no excuses of time to bed in and players to gel, bang, straight off with the results. Would love that guy from fulham or just a manager that will bloody attack and try and boss the games, instead of looking like frightened pussys. Does my head in.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Christ.

Why? He had fantastic record with Celtic, got them further than any other manager in ucl. Also he got hibs promoted and his sides play good tactical football. 

There isnt much out there at min

If we get another Bruce type manager then I think I'm done with this team for a while. 

We don't need a pardew or Allardyce who are going to want to come in and build their own squad. 

Get out there and search Europe for a good coach. A man who can have an impact on the team with what they do on the training ground and the approach and tactical decisions they make. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If we get another Bruce type manager then I think I'm done with this team for a while. 

We don't need a pardew or Allardyce who are going to want to come in and build their own squad. 

Get out there and search Europe for a good coach. A man who can have an impact on the team with what they do on the training ground and the approach and tactical decisions they make. 

To be honest at this point i'm with you, even if it means going without 1 , or a temporary 1 until we get the right 1.

Look at Leicester?

Jens Keller at Union Berlin would be my shout for a foreign coach, was good at Schalke (sacked for Di Matteo...should never have happened) and has taken Union Berlin from relegation candidates in the BL2 to just missing out on promotion last year and they have won their first two games this year.

• Like 1