• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

5 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Do people actually think we could get Benítez or Nagelsmann? If so, can I have some of what you're on?

Did people think we could have got John Terry before we signed him?... of course not.

Besides, You wouldn't want what I'm on mate.  :lol:

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hence why Rafa Benithez would be the most suitable candidate imo

Why on earth would Benitez come ?

I don't see any manager Dropping down from the prem. If we play a slightly longer game we could wait for the first premiership manager to part with his current club. But they are only 1 game in - so you're talking November. If we could lure a prem manager then Sean Dyche would be my choice.

4 hours ago, Skills said:

everyone shouting for Stam has to remember he paid what for Bacuna!?!?

And what if he makes Bacuna  a good player ? For what its worth i would rather have Bacuna at RB than poxy Hutton

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why on earth would Benitez come ?

I don't see any manager Dropping down from the prem. If we play a slightly longer game we could wait for the first premiership manager to part with his current club. But they are only 1 game in - so you're talking November. If we could lure a prem manager then Sean Dyche would be my choice.

This is Newcastle & Mike Ashley we are talking about though..

Football is a funny old game!

If you don't ask.. you don't get?

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Interested to know why O'Neill makes you shudder? The best football we have played in the last 15 years or so was under O'Neill. Many happy memories of watching O'Neill's Villa.

Because it was such a wasted opportunity. For the first few years under Lerner we were amongst the biggest spenders in the league but we didn't really capitalise on it. Because of O'Neill's total refusal to look abroad for players we ended up with some shocking purchases. I mean, we paid something like £9m for Stephen Warnock back when £9m was a hell of a lot of money. Yeah there were some good purchases too but for every Young or Milner there's a Beye or Harewood. Also, the football was pretty one-dimensional. Years after he left counter-attacking was still the only thing we were remotely good at (of course we're not good at anything now).

I'm not saying he's the worst manager we've had because clearly he isn't but I really wouldn't want him back.

To be honest, I wouldn't want many of our past managers back to replace Bruce. It rarely works out. Lambert for example I don't think is a bad manager but there's too many bad memories for it to work out if he came back.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

I like O'Neill a lot, but that ship sailed long ago. I'd prefer someone younger who is trying to carve out a reputation. Mind you, I'd wager MON would get us promoted.

32 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Mind you, I'd wager MON would get us promoted.

I tend to think that any manager worth his salt would get the current squad at Villa promoted.

Being realistic, of the current crop available, and if you're not looking to pay out compensation, I'd go for Pardew as his teams tend to be organised playing good football. 

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I tend to think that any manager worth his salt would get the current squad at Villa promoted.

Depends how far behind we are when whoever takes over - this is just prolonging the inevitable and giving the new man less chance of achieving promotion - very disappointed xia hasn't axed Bruce already .

• Like 3

Just now, Eastie said:

Depends how far behind we are when whoever takes over - this is just prolonging the inevitable and giving the new man less chance of achieving promotion - very disappointed xia hasn't axed Bruce already .

I think Norwich will turn over Villa at home then Bruce will be axed.

9 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Do people actually think we could get Benítez or Nagelsmann? If so, can I have some of what you're on?

Nagelsmann is being linked with Bayern in Germany for when Ancelotti goes. So that's a definite no. 

Benitez would be a hell of a lot more realistic. Still don't see it though

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Being realistic, of the current crop available, and if you're not looking to pay out compensation, I'd go for Pardew as his teams tend to be organised playing good football. 

At first.

Pardew's problem is once he gets found out, and his results start to slide, he can't address things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

I think Norwich will turn over Villa at home then Bruce will be axed.

Bristol city next fri at worse - as an Everton man may I ask if you'd take moyes here or is he a busted flush ? A year ago I'd have had him but now feel we need someone like jovanavic .

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Nagelsmann is being linked with Bayern in Germany for when Ancelotti goes. So that's a definite no. 

Benitez would be a hell of a lot more realistic. Still don't see it though

Ffp means the money is no longer availabke to spend - can't see Benitez being interested under those circumstances . 

Just now, Eastie said:

Bristol city next fri at worse - as an Everton man may I ask if you'd take moyes here or is he a busted flush ? A year ago I'd have had him but now feel we need someone like jovanavic .

A Villa fan now mate but Moyes was great at Everton. Thought he was a little unlucky at Man U as any manager replacing Fergie was on a loser from the start. A little unlucky at Real Sociedad as well when he couldn't sign the players he wanted but no I wouldn't want him at Villa now. He would probably end up being another Bruce.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

At first.

Pardew's problem is once he gets found out, and his results start to slide, he can't address things.

Yeah mate you're probably right but I do think Pardew would set the Villa up to play good enough football to get out of the Championship. It's when getting to that higher level he may well be found out again. Not much of a choice though at the minute unless you are prepared to pay compensation.

Jokanovic on sky sports explaining he has no say in signing players.

We need a manager who is happy for this to be the case in the short term. 

The scope is: get the best out of the team we've got. Prove yourself on that front and then we can talk about your players.

Essentially, prove your worth. 

• Like 2