Josh Onomah

skarroki

I’m not a fan of his but tbf the last few matches when called upon he did step it up a bit

hes gone back to Spurs now and said some nice things about the club and Bruce  in particular 

good luck to him , personally I don’t think he’ll make it at Spurs , but you never know ...

Edited by tonyh29

53 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m not a fan of his but tbf the last few matches when called upon he did step it up a bit

hes gone back to Spurs now and said some nice things about the club and Bruce  in particular 

good luck to him , personally I don’t think he’ll make it at Spurs , but you never know ...

Spurs have one of the youngest and hardest to crack in to midfields in the league. They are set for nearly a decade if they want, with what they have already.

Don't see it either.

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Bit harsh, i thought he really looked to get involved when he came on. 

He did. 

But people decided ages ago that they don’t like him and you know what that means. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

In years to come he will be remembered as the guy who delayed O'Hares introduction to the team by a year

I think he is a cracking little player, who is learning his craft.....if he can demonstrate that physicality, doesn't matter.....we will have some player on our hands.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He did. 

But people decided ages ago that they don’t like him and you know what that means. 

I wrote him off a while ago, but to be honest he's done well when called upon in his last few appearances. Not enough to change my mind completely but became better than I thought he was. 

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why? Bruce clearly likes him and he won't be breaking into spurs midfield any time soon

Because he hasn't really done it here at villa. If anything he stopped us using the likes of lansbury and o hare playing more. Who i think are at same level as him.

I'd rather not rely on 5 loans this summer. Let's get a permanent keeper in to challenge steer for number one position. Maybe smithes from QPR.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Because he hasn't really done it here at villa. If anything he stopped us using the likes of lansbury and o hare playing more. Who i think are at same level as him.

I'd rather not rely on 5 loans this summer. Let's get a permanent keeper in to challenge steer for number one position. Maybe smithes from QPR.

He's had decent games and poor games but I'd expect him to kick on and be better and more consistent next year which I think would make him a decent player at this level. We've got too many CMs really so will depend on who leaves but I'd like to think we will be trying to have him again next year. 

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He's had decent games and poor games but I'd expect him to kick on and be better and more consistent next year which I think would make him a decent player at this level. We've got too many CMs really so will depend on who leaves but I'd like to think we will be trying to have him again next year. 

Please NO, I dont think he has shown enough to warrant another year on loan at Aston Villa. Rather have we tried to bring our own players through.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Please NO, I dont think he has shown enough to warrant another year on loan at Aston Villa. Rather have we tried to bring our own players through.

Thing is as long as we don't play him as a 10 (thus blocking OHare) then I don't see how he blocks anyone's progress. There isn't anyone in U23s who has his skill set, pace, strength little bit of technique. Jake Doyle Hayes is the only CM anywhere near the team and he's a very different player. 

21 hours ago, Farlz said:

Thought he was good when he came on, he really isn't as bad as people like to make out. 

Nah, he's been really poor for the most part. Looked disinterested most of the time which is worse than underperforming.

He was good in the final though, took a bit of responsibility on and made quite a few openings.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The problem is, signing players is a lot more expensive than loaning them, and we're short of cash. Blowing big bucks on a goalkeeper doesn't seem like a wise use of the money to me. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The problem is, signing players is a lot more expensive than loaning them, and we're short of cash. Blowing big bucks on a goalkeeper doesn't seem like a wise use of the money to me. 

I dont think smithes is big bucks. He is being linked with blose who are in a terrible position

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think smithes is big bucks. He is being linked with blose who are in a terrible position

He cost QPR more than £4m, and I can't see them wanting to make a loss on him. Anyway, aren't Blues under a transfer embargo? 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Cloughie said Shilton was his first and best signing he ever made

Goalkeepers are underrated in terms of their influence on a team.

Â