Josh Onomah

skarroki

30 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Some fair points there. If ever he needed further confirmation that every game matters when building your career it's interesting that there are rumours this morning that Spurs are after Rubén Neves. Just a year older than Onomah but could potentially push him further back in the queue or even end his Spurs career after well...a very different season. 

My view is that he's got good raw material to be a player and I think he'll get better but would agree that he'll never start a game at Spurs. 

I thought Spurs were grooming him for the Dembele role.  Doesn't Neves play further forward? (I've not watched much Wolves this season).

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

I thought Spurs were grooming him for the Dembele role.  Doesn't Neves play further forward? (I've not watched much Wolves this season).

If anything it's the other way around Neves is a playmaking DM and Onomah is the more advanced player. Although he played DM for England I believe. 

• Thanks 1

Struggling in an unfamiliar role is fair enough, a youngster being bullied or struggling to find his way is fair enough.

Spending two months strolling about, watching other people do your running, telling other people to do your pressing and win your tackles is another thing entirely.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Sorry to be that guy but that didn't ring true to me. 

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-onomah/leistungsdaten/spieler/243589

This link says he's played 4 games LM and 3 RM, 24 AM, 2 CM. 

I'd entirely agree he's not a wide player, nor do I think he's an AM. But in fairness to Bruce he has been pants at times when played deeper. For me he's a box to box player he's had good games for us doing that and he's had bad ones. 

I'm not sure I buy he's got a bad attitude I think it's probably the usual inconsistency you'd expect of someone in their first full season. 

Fair enough, I was just working on memory, happy to be corrected

• Like 2

Typical developing player....inconsistent.

but has good moments.

has a physical presence thats important in this league.

Edited by TRO

• 4 weeks later...

Thought he was a real threat to fulham and used the ball very well when we beat them at VP in october. When he's on it and plays well he gets you moving forward and links up well with the forward . Ive an awful feeling that hourihane and jedinak will just contain their midfield which isnt good enough really if we want to win. The gap between hourihane and grabban during the drawn game last week was poor. School boy stuff really. Said it last week and i still maintain it. We lose midfield, they'll beat us. They love to be in control of that and when they are they take charge of games.

12 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I've an awful feeling that hourihane and jedinak will just contain their midfield which isnt good enough really if we want to win. The gap between hourihane and grabban during the drawn game last week was poor. School boy stuff really. Said it last week and i still maintain it. We lose midfield, they'll beat us. They love to be in control of that and when they are they take charge of games.

I'm hoping to see Hourihane support Grealish's attacking intent this weekend, but I do think most of his responsibility is going to be defensive. Bruce won't be changing tactic of a lifetime.

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

If we see this bloke on the pitch we will be in trouble. 

Glad we have the option but please God let the change be Whelan for the last 5.

If we are minding a lead maybe yeah. Utterly pointless bringing whelan on in the last 5 if we are chasing it.

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kodjia ahead of Adomah might be a good shout.

No. He wont work. Fredericks is a serious worker and serious footballer. We would be in a lot of trouble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If we are minding a lead maybe yeah. Utterly pointless bringing whelan on in the last 5 if we are chasing it.

Who would you rather put up front if we need a goal?

Â