Josh Onomah

skarroki

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Cloughie said Shilton was his first and best signing he ever made

Goalkeepers are underrated in terms of their influence on a team.

If signing a goalkeeper of Peter Shilton's rare qualities were a real option, I would of course be in favour of throwing money at him. But it isn't, because we're a Championship team. 

My point is that you don't need to spend big bucks on a goalkeeper in this league. I have spent ages on my calculator this morning working out how much John Ruddy (Wolves), Neil Etheridge (Cardiff) and Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham) cost their teams in transfer fees, and anyone wants to take a guess, you can, and the answer is below the fold:

Spoiler

Cumulatively, they cost zero pounds in transfer fees. Ruddy and Etheridge were free transfers, and Bettinelli came from Fulham's youth team. 

EDIT: Getting back to the topic, there may be good reasons not to sign Josh Onomah again, but because we ought to spend lots of money on goalkeepers instead probably isn't one of them. 

I doubt Spurs would want him to come back to us to be honest, he was only ever a first team regular when Jack was out. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Cloughie said Shilton was his first and best signing he ever made

Goalkeepers are underrated in terms of their influence on a team.

Pretty sure he never said that - larry Lloyd and kenny burns were amongst  several who he signed at forest before Shilts .

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Pretty sure he never said that - larry Lloyd and kenny burns were amongst  several who he signed at forest before Shilts .

That doesn't rule out him saying it. He achieved a lot, but Clough talked some right bollocks.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That doesn't rule out him saying it. He achieved a lot, but Clough talked some right bollocks.

Shilts was his best signing at forest but nowhere near his first -he signed Shilton 2 years after cloughie took the forest Job .

As for Onamah - I expected big things from him and he was a disappointment far too often - may have the ability but attitude is not there for me 

Edited by Eastie

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If signing a goalkeeper of Peter Shilton's rare qualities were a real option, I would of course be in favour of throwing money at him. But it isn't, because we're a Championship team. 

My point is that you don't need to spend big bucks on a goalkeeper in this league. I have spent ages on my calculator this morning working out how much John Ruddy (Wolves), Neil Etheridge (Cardiff) and Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham) cost their teams in transfer fees, and anyone wants to take a guess, you can, and the answer is below the fold:

Hide contents

Cumulatively, they cost zero pounds in transfer fees. Ruddy and Etheridge were free transfers, and Bettinelli came from Fulham's youth team. 

EDIT: Getting back to the topic, there may be good reasons not to sign Josh Onomah again, but because we ought to spend lots of money on goalkeepers instead probably isn't one of them. 

I doubt Spurs would want him to come back to us to be honest, he was only ever a first team regular when Jack was out. 

I agree this 100% Getting a good enough keeper should not cost much at all. 

Replacing Terry will be the far more difficult fix.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cake out the blue this one. He struggled in a good villa team be intereating to see how he does at a struggling Wednesday team 

Probably jog about, slow the tempo, cut back a lot, point at other players to do his running and tackling and stand there picking his arse when the ball is loose and there to be won. 

So the usual then.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Probably jog about, slow the tempo, cut back a lot, point at other players to do his running and tackling and stand there picking his arse when the ball is loose and there to be won. 

So the usual then.

...and yet he’s worth a mere £3m less than our Jack.

?

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He needs to find his game. Bruce didn't help him at all by playing him in 4 different positions. If he wants to have even a career in the championship, he needs to perfect one spot. 

4 different positions. Bruce was shit but not that bad

12 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He needs to find his game. Bruce didn't help him at all by playing him in 4 different positions. If he wants to have even a career in the championship, he needs to perfect one spot. 

Sorry but I don't agree. Onomah has onky but himself to blame. Flipping at Wednesday and like I always felt very over hyped English player.

No way in hell is he good enough for spurzzz

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Furious boss Jos Luhukay criticised Owls midfielder Josh Onomah's performance after their 2-1 away defeat to Swansea City.

In the absence of Barry Bannan, who is unavailable for selection for two matches after accruing 10 yellow cards, Onomah was handed his first start in just over a month.

But the Tottenham Hotspur's loanee, one of just three signings made by Luhukay since he took over the Wednesday reigns last January, was taken off at half-time and replaced by Marco Matias.

Luhukay told The Star: "He was not good enough. He brought nothing on the ball.

"He lost three, four, five balls right at the beginning (of the game). That is the reason why he came off and we changed it.

"Honestly, he had no influence on the game."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/angry-jos-luhukay-blasts-sheffield-wednesday-midfielder-after-swansea-city-defeat-1-9495474/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Going well then.

• Haha 2

On 09/11/2018 at 19:54, Czechlad said:

maybe he was searching for one that he could play in.....I know SB has a following like Trump and Farage, with a bit of Piers Morgan thrown in for good luck.

but, he needs to find more than his game.....the will to compete might help.

Â