Josh Onomah

skarroki

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He has been doing it since he first got on the pitch. I have never seen a midfielder point so much at his teammates to do his closing down for him. 

Micah says Hi. He couldn't be arsed to say it himself.

Has had a handful of good games at best , doesn’t warrant a starting place and would have no qualms should he return to Spurs this month , rather see our own young players get a chance ahead of him 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

He has some talent, but not the talent required for him to play in the position he think he has a right to play in (central midfield). Also, like many young English players on relatively big contracts, he simply hasn't got the desire and motivation to improve. He isn't taking this opportunity here seriously, he's a half-arsed player for the most part. Unlikely to have a prolonged career in the top flight. He'll be at most at this level by the time he's 25.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was he really that bad?  Or was he as bad as most but it makes it worse when he is a loan player?

He was a bit worse than others, but not massively so. The issue for me is that he has such a powerful physique that it's hard to believe he couldn't be dominating the midfield if he really pushed himself. He looked like a man amongst boys, but that's not how he plays. He's quite languid, which can be mistaken for laziness, or can veer into laziness at times. 

with Tuanzebe coming in I hope we don't try and shoe horn Onomah into the advanced position he's sometimes played.

That position is better left to Grealish, Hourihane or Snoddy.

Onomah can compete with Whelan in (D)CM when Jedi is not fit.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2018 at 17:21, sne said:

with Tuanzebe coming in I hope we don't try and shoe horn Onomah into the advanced position he's sometimes played.

That position is better left to Grealish, Hourihane or Snoddy.

Onomah can compete with Whelan in (D)CM when Jedi is not fit.

Do you think we will sign him for that DCM position SNE? 

I was under the impression that he was going to play more of a defence position with Elphick perhaps departing.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I was surprised that Bruce brought on Bjarnason yesterday over Onomah, seems to show a lack of trust and faith in him in the deeper role. Sounds similar to the problem he’s had at Spurs. 

Edited by villan-scott
Auto correct on Onomah!

So Spurs have a recall option and apparently Pochettino is currently mulling over that decision.

Take him back IMO so O’Hare can get a chance. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So Spurs have a recall option and apparently Pochettino is currently mulling over that decision.

Take him back IMO so O’Hare can get a chance. 

Ability wise o hare is not as good as Onomah.  Onomah knows how to score goals as well in the first team. O hare has potential yes but for me hasnt shown much to suggest he is on onomah level.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ability wise o hare is not as good as Onomah.  Onomah knows how to score goals as well in the first team. O hare has potential yes but for me hasnt shown much to suggest he is on onomah level.

Maybe that has something to do with developing other teams kids hindering the development of our own? 

Just a thought.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Of the loans we have here atm he's the only one that hasn't really nailed down a place in the starting XI. I think with Grealish, Lansbury and Jedinak all injured going into the start of the season it's been a good loan so far. He has had moments where he has looked the part. He has had some where he just doesn't look quite with it. How much of his development is being hampered by his versatility? How much is down to young players finding consistency? Either way he'd be useful to have around for the run in, not least if Grealish or Hourihane pick up an injury, but also it would be a shame to lose someone at this point who has regularly contributed to where we are. From Spurs' perspective though if he isn't getting guaranteed game time they've every right to recall him if they wish. He'd walk straight into most teams lineups in this division.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Of the loans we have here atm he's the only one that hasn't really nailed down a place in the starting XI. I think with Grealish, Lansbury and Jedinak all injured going into the start of the season it's been a good loan so far. He has had moments where he has looked the part. He has had some where he just doesn't look quite with it. How much of his development is being hampered by his versatility? How much is down to young players finding consistency? Either way he'd be useful to have around for the run in, not least if Grealish or Hourihane pick up an injury, but also it would be a shame to lose someone at this point who has regularly contributed to where we are. From Spurs' perspective though if he isn't getting guaranteed game time they've every right to recall him if they wish. He'd walk straight into most teams lineups in this division.

He wasn't too bad when he first arrived.....seems to have lost his form and subsequently appetite, his workrate has disappeared.

He reminds me a bit like Tshibola.....fine athletic specimens, perfectly built for the game.....but just no drive and determination to succeed.

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think O'Hare has the quick feet and an eye for a pass, but not the physical presence......Onomah has the physical presence, but not quick enough to get the ball out of his feet.

put them both together, you would have some player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Or maybe o hare isn't good enough to get into the team just yet?

I think O'hare can do the same thing Onomah did today. I feel like it is a waste to keep Onomah here if he is only going to be getting 5-10 minutes a match. 

Â