Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Love this guy.

Yet again a massive assist from right back. 8 assists and 2 goals in the season. Never stops running, you hardly ever see him get done by his man one on one and an absolute fighter. A huge part of our success this season. Nice one Elmo!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 28/05/2019 at 11:50, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve been critical of him at times this season. There was a spell where defensively he was all over the shop, allowing people to cut in from his wing. He was giving away a lot of fouls and even penalties.

However, he he turned himself around and recently offensively has been very good. Another great cross for the goal. Did he get the most assists for the team this season?

Hourihane had 11. 

Elmo has really turned it around, to the point he is now massively underrated I feel. I'm not sure if defensively he is cut out for the top flight, but I wouldn't be remotely embarrassed to have him as a back up. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Skruff said:

Another player who has improved massively under Smith. 

Agreed, I remember watching him the first few games taking that first touch, looking up and fighting the urge to loft the ball down the channel.

He has proven me wrong massively, and probably another one who will look back and think how much more he would have enjoyed his football had he played under a football coach his career.

• Like 2

Have been a harsh crituc but fair play to him, massively improved us and crucially himself under Smith. Under Bruce his crossing was hit and hope at times, now he looks up

Defensively he would scare me next season but OK as backup 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Skruff said:

Another player who has improved massively under Smith. 

This season.

I think he was this good last season. His partnership with Snodgrass helped, but he was very good.

Makes me wonder whether Smith will go a full on back 3 of Axel, Mings, and Hause, with Elmo and Guilbert as Wing backs. Or have it as an option. ( without knowing who else is coming of course).

Just pondering out loud, ignore me...but yes, whilst defensively flawed he has been instrumental, (and like Taylor was part of a terrific overall defence)...certainly a good enough back up, and considering we can’t replace 12 players I imagine he will stay.

I remember being disappointed that Bruce was starting in February because it meant he couldn't take Elmo off our hands. What a turnaround, he's been superb since coming back into the side. He's actually a very good footballer, which was never apparent until he started playing in this Smith side. If he was 3 or 4 years younger I'd have no issues with giving him a new contract.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

We can’t replace everyone in one go, he’s not near the top of my list to go.

I'm with you Terry......The heart and soul of the team that got us up, must stay......It can't be emphasised enough how important that is.

changing 14 odd players like Fulham, is suicide.....we have even seen it first hand with the French lads.

of course we need reinforcements, but they have to play their way in.

Our boys have built a bonding to go up....that must be respected and nurtured....its precious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

We can’t replace everyone in one go, he’s not near the top of my list to go.

We don't have to replace everyone in one go, just a select 3/4. Full backs are one of them in my opinion. 

Guilbert is already in anyway. 

On 17/02/2019 at 13:56, Zatman said:

Possibly the shittest player to ever play for Villa, at least Sinclair was shit in top flight

On 18/02/2019 at 07:10, Taxahunter said:

I can't understand how you can be consistenly shit at crossing when it should be one of the trademarks of a wingback or winger. It just baffles me how bad both Elmohamady and Adomah are. Im almost 47 and Im a whole lot better at crossing than these two buffoons 

Sorry to pick on you lads. But this how quick things change when a player loses form. You still feel this way?

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry to pick on you lads. But this how quick things change when a player loses form. You still feel this way?

You could have just looked at my post on this page instead of wasting time to scroll about 20 pages back 😉

• Haha 1

Â