Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Thought he really missed Mings’ organisation first half. He was far too narrow, leaving their winger with far too much space. Switched off for the Weimann offside goal. However, second half was much better.

Thought going forward he was good all game .Β 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Most passes today, 95.5% completion. That's pretty damn good going.Β 

He had most passes regularily under Bruce to be fair, but it was 5% completion and 95% into the channels.

We get more and more composed as the weeks go on (despite the stupid bitch behind me yelling at Villa and Steer to get rid)

Pass out wide and then the pass inside to Whelan always on. Football is a simple **** game when you have the ball and the options and confidence to use it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He had most passes regularily under Bruce to be fair, but it was 5% completion and 95% into the channels.

We get more and more composed as the weeks go on (despite the stupid bitch behind me yelling at Villa and Steer to get rid)

Pass out wide and then the pass inside to Whelan always on. Football is a simple **** game when you have the ball and the options and confidence to use it.

The difference in style of play is unbelievable. I've never seen us play as smartly, neatly and technically as we currently do.Β 

I love his crosses, he makes the right decision more often than not on the type of cross.Β Β 

He's not the most athletic, which is why he's been in and out of the PL, but he's very good for this level.Β 

Sadly, should we go up, I'd invest in another RB and have Elmo as back up.

I think the only thing he could have improved on is his aggression, he's sometimes a bit passive in tackles or stands off when I think he should be tighter, but he's brilliant at picking the right pass, and he rarely gets caught out of position like Hutton did.Β  I feel more confident with Elmo.Β 

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I love his crosses, he makes the right decision more often than not on the type of cross.Β Β 

He's not the most athletic, which is why he's been in and out of the PL, but he's very good for this level.Β 

Sadly, should we go up, I'd invest in another RB and have Elmo as back up.

I think the only thing he could have improved on is his aggression, he's sometimes a bit passive in tackles or stands off when I think he should be tighter, but he's brilliant at picking the right pass, and he rarely gets caught out of position like Hutton did.Β  I feel more confident with Elmo.Β 

We have...Freddie Gilbert.

38 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He is one of the reasons why we have 10 wins on the trot.Β  To think people on here were arguing with me that Hutton was a far better right back than him.

How dare they!!!.....why didn't you say who you are?.....some fans have such a cheek.πŸ˜€

Β 

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 3

On 23/04/2019 at 10:35, May-Z said:

We have...Freddie Gilbert.

sounds like a barrow boy, from Billingsgate fish market.

"E'are, over 'ear Freddie, my san"

Edited by TRO

On 23/04/2019 at 12:02, HeyAnty said:

He is one of the reasons why we have 10 wins on the trot.Β  To think people on here were arguing with me that Hutton was a far better right back than him.

I love Hutton, but Elmo has been brilliant.

Barring 1 or 2 nightmare minutes I think against Rotherham if I can remember correctly.

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Barring 1 or 2 nightmare minutes I think against Rotherham if I can remember correctly.

I think Elmo has been playing well, just lately.

My only criticism is.....He lets his winger cross the ball too easily and too regularly......It then creates a bit of a lottery in the middle.....They both do really, him and Taylor.

I always feel doing that it allows teams of inferior quality to have a chance at scoring, particularly if they have a huge unit up front to just get their head to.

I would like to see both of them be more miserly with allowing crosses to rain in.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2019 at 15:28, rodders0223 said:

Yep, this triangle is our most effective out-ball IMOΒ and we use it very well. Yet another sign of intelligent, effective coaching.

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love Hutton for his resolve and tenacity to keep going at the club, not his defending ability.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I love Hutton for his resolve and tenacity to keep going at the club, not his defending ability.

bit like, I like Esther McVey's looks, but not her Politics

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Hutton works hard but he just can't back that up with ability. Was the same with Weimann.

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚