Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

I do wonder why it took an injury for Elmo to get back in the team. Such a better Right Back then Hutton and it’s not like we were winning games. 

Edit: maybe it was more a confidence thing. He is one of those players that fans are quick to turn on when things aren’t going well. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is one of those players that fans are quick to turn on when things aren’t going well. 

Yep.

I think he's been signed by Bruce something like 3 times for different clubs. Alot of fans on here seem to hate Bruce, and i think Elmo symbolizes Bruce for alot of them so they are maybe quicker to turn on him more so than others.

I don't dislike Bruce nor do i dislike Elmo. Bruce is a good manager at this level that sadly didn't work out at Villa and Elmo is a good player at this level.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely brilliant. One of my players of the season. What's his contract? Would definitely have him as back up next season

Edit: oh 1 year left. Excellent

Edited by Kiwivillan

His crossing, especially in the last couple of months, has been excellent. The whip and curve he gets on those deep crosses is **** sublime. Highlight reel stuff.

• Like 1

I’ve been critical of him at times this season. There was a spell where defensively he was all over the shop, allowing people to cut in from his wing. He was giving away a lot of fouls and even penalties.

However, he he turned himself around and recently offensively has been very good. Another great cross for the goal. Did he get the most assists for the team this season?

Steady player all round,  played well yesterday and provided a superb delivery for the opener, I have not seen anything of Guilbert but I do hope however he is going to be an improvement on Elmo and make the right back slot his own. 

Elmo for me would offer more than Adomah at RM so would definitely keep him next season as a squad player.

24 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Steady player all round,  played well yesterday and provided a superb delivery for the opener, I have not seen anything of Guilbert but I do hope however he is going to be an improvement on Elmo and make the right back slot his own. 

Elmo for me would offer more than Adomah at RM so would definitely keep him next season as a squad player.

Given we may need to be a bit more solid next season, and try and keep the better players in the squad, I can see him on the bench a lot for RB/RW cover. 

• Like 1

Â