Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

You missed the December games. AEM needed to be taken out of the team for his own good, the rest did him good.

I appropriate he had to be taken out. But he wasn’t bought back in until Hutton got injured which was nearly March.

23 hours ago, useless said:

Anyone could have signed the players that Bruce did, he hardly brought in any hidden gems, they were all either some of the best rated Championship players at the time of signing, highly rated youngsters from top four Premier league sides, or players like Snodgrass, Whelan and Terry that pretty much no other championship could dream of signing. The transfer activity whilst he was here, has led to the situation we find ourselves in now, whereby we need to practically buy a new squad.

We have been in transition for some time, due to the demise over about 10 years.....its takes some time to turn players over to to get back to respectability, it has to be incremental.....you can't just go from **** to buying top players in one recruitment campaign.....it takes many windows.

Steve Brought in ....McGinn, Hourihane, Tuanzebe, Terry, Johnstone,Abraham....did a decent job presiding over jacks resurgence in getting Ollie Stevenson to work with him in rehab, not bad that little lot.

I think that's a bit harsh.....I think Dean was half pleased by what Steve left him suffice to say in his interviews Dean said he thought we could achieve top 2 when he first came in....I think that was ambitious, but that's what Dean said.....That does not suggest Dean thought it was a mess....far from it, in his eyes.

However, I do think SB was much better at spotting talent, than coaching.

Edited by TRO

27 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

With these performances Elmo is making a good case to be the starting RB for us.

I think he will probably start against Spurs. His performances in that run at the end of the season were fantastic and he fully deserved that spot. I can imagine him and Guilbert competing and for Smith that is healthy, but Elmo has the shirt at the moment. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I think he will probably start against Spurs. His performances in that run at the end of the season were fantastic and he fully deserved that spot. I can imagine him and Guilbert competing and for Smith that is healthy, but Elmo has the shirt at the moment. 

highly doubt it, if Egypt get to the final he wont be back in pre-season until probably 1st August. probably wont be match fit

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think Guilbert is first choice rb this season. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Elmo play the first 5/6 game that Trézéguet starts so that the language barrier is negated  and allows Trézéguet to settle into the team more.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think Guilbert is first choice rb this season. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Elmo play the first 5/6 game that Trézéguet starts so that the language barrier is negated  and allows Trézéguet to settle into the team more.

I don't think either will start the season.

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Neither do I, but when Trez starts, so does Elmo 

I highly doubt we would start Elmo just because Hassan is playing, language barriers are common place in football, you don't hinder a position on the pitch just so 2 players speak the same language.

Guilbert is nailed on first choice for me.

And tbh jota is nailed on RW, personally Ithink el Ghazi and Hassan should duke it out for the LW spot.

• Like 3

Â